Essential The Official Photography Thread

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
my 60D died last week. started opening it up but got too complicated and since it's under warranty just decided to send it in.
canon decides nope they're gonna charge me $350. claiming i dropped it.
f that.
ordered a 70d which came today.
got my 60d yesterday. tore it apart. waiting on $30 to come next week. should be up and running by next week.

it's been a pretty tough week for me. i didn't know i depended on my 60d as much as i did. i even have other high end p&s but they're just not the same.

you niccas got some nice glass and nice pics.

i'm probably gonna sell my 60d and cop a 100mm for macro shots for my business website.

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
my 60D died last week. started opening it up but got too complicated and since it's under warranty just decided to send it in.
canon decides nope they're gonna charge me $350. claiming i dropped it.
f that.
ordered a 70d which came today.
got my 60d yesterday. tore it apart. waiting on $30 to come next week. should be up and running by next week.

it's been a pretty tough week for me. i didn't know i depended on my 60d as much as i did. i even have other high end p&s but they're just not the same.

you niccas got some nice glass and nice pics.

i'm probably gonna sell my 60d and cop a 100mm for macro shots for my business website.
Bruh that 100mm is :banderas: Sharpest lens I've ever used, and it was on my T3 and this is at f/2.8 :damn: shyt rivaled my 5DM3, a fukking T3, not a T3i a T3 :merchant: I had to return it a couple days after I got it, because I was going to sell all my other lenses to buy it, but 100mm on a crop couldnt be my only lens it was pretty useless for me indoors when shooting multiple people, but head shots :lawd:

And this isnt the L version with IS either I think I paid $500 at best buy for it, it was on sale, but the IQ is better than my 24-105 L lens. bruh I cant recommend that lens enough. You are gonna have the :ohhh::whoo::blessed: when you pull up the files on your PC. I never even got into the micro side either, so I imagine its :gladbron: too. From all accounts it and the L version are the best macro out there on any system...post pics when you get it.

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I guess I should contribture some to the thrread then
fwTsR29.jpg

Ball Too Hard
pDafFeo.jpg

Messing with bokeh
RlnDFgK.jpg

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bruh that 100mm is :banderas: Sharpest lens I've ever used, and it was on my T3 and this is at f/2.8 :damn: shyt rivaled my 5DM3, a fukking T3, not a T3i a T3 :merchant: I had to return it a couple days after I got it, because I was going to sell all my other lenses to buy it, but 100mm on a crop couldnt be my only lens it was pretty useless for me indoors when shooting multiple people, but head shots :lawd:

And this isnt the L version with IS either I think I paid $500 at best buy for it, it was on sale, but the IQ is better than my 24-105 L lens. bruh I cant recommend that lens enough. You are gonna have the :ohhh::whoo::blessed: when you pull up the files on your PC. I never even got into the micro side either, so I imagine its :gladbron: too. From all accounts it and the L version are the best macro out there on any system...post pics when you get it.
i accidentally got into photography. i was just trying to get a spiff camera to take pictures for my website for business.

got a t2i for real cheap to sell in the business. tried selling it locally but dude opened up the package (new in box) then didn't buy it.
i took a few photos with it and :merchant::banderas:
so since the t2i i've owned all entry level canon and nikons flipping them. i got the 60D as i flipped the smaller dslr's.

to learn the cameras i did the usual flower, potrait picks but i'm off that now. this shyt for me is about money. i left street photography and now only do product photography.

im still debating btwn the 100mm or the mp-e 65mm that x5 magnification got me :ohlawd:.

there's a dude on youtube who says get the 60mm with an extension and you're good.

early next year i want to give myself a 6D. i got lots of product to move. in the thousands.

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
i accidentally got into photography. i was just trying to get a spiff camera to take pictures for my website for business.

got a t2i for real cheap to sell in the business. tried selling it locally but dude opened up the package (new in box) then didn't buy it.
i took a few photos with it and :merchant::banderas:
so since the t2i i've owned all entry level canon and nikons flipping them. i got the 60D as i flipped the smaller dslr's.

to learn the cameras i did the usual flower, potrait picks but i'm off that now. this shyt for me is about money. i left street photography and now only do product photography.

im still debating btwn the 100mm or the mp-e 65mm that x5 magnification got me :ohlawd:.

there's a dude on youtube who says get the 60mm with an extension and you're good.

early next year i want to give myself a 6D. i got lots of product to move. in the thousands.
Never used the 60mm, but you can add an extension tube to the 100mm also, but if you can afford the 100mm get it,

Also the 60mm is an EF-s lens and wont work on the 6D if you get it, the 100mm will work on both, so you can save $100 and get the 60mm, but have to spend more to get the 100mm later to work on your 6D. Unless you just stick to the 70D for the product photography when you get the 6D.

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Never used the 60mm, but you can add an extension tube to the 100mm also, but if you can afford the 100mm get it,

Also the 60mm is an EF-s lens and wont work on the 6D if you get it, the 100mm will work on both, so you can save $100 and get the 60mm, but have to spend more to get the 100mm later to work on your 6D. Unless you just stick to the 70D for the product photography when you get the 6D.
well, then in that case have no choice but to go with the 100mm. not sure whether the 65mm will work with the full frame.

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
well, then in that case have no choice but to go with the 100mm. not sure whether the 65mm will work with the full frame.
From reading up on it it should, but its the same price as the 100mm L version. The 65mm is good for super macro, not really good for everyday use. It's supposed to be better built than the L

IDK found this from a dude who owns both and the 180mm for macro work

"
They have very different animals, very ...

I have all 3 of these, and the 100/180 are more general lenses with their specialty being macro images, the mp-e will not do anything then very very close macro and has a fairly steep learning curve, also, if you do not have or plan to get a macro flash, do not really bother with the mp-e as you will not be happy about it until you have a macro ring or dual-head flash.

Also, the 100/180 offer some working distance from the subject, allowing for me variety, with the mp-e you have to literally be on top of your subject.

If I were you I would get the 100 or 180 and then down the line consider the mp-e as a complement."

However I seen some people saying some good things about the 60mm also, but from everything I gather the 65mm is really good for spesific things like if you are trying to take pics of coins or something and still get all the details...the 65mm is a manual lens tho, so it will be a learning curve 2.8 that close will leave some room for user error, because the depth of field will be shallow...really really shallow.

If it was my money I would get the 100mm, but I would use the lens different than you, but if you dont have one now a flash will help with the prod photography no matter what lens you get. If you dont mind what are you selling/need the macro for?

Take a look at the reviews on the canon site, it seems like a great lens one of a kind, but for grass and bugs and shyt...http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consu..._lens_lineup/mp_e_65mm_f_2_8_1_5x_macro_photo

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From reading up on it it should, but its the same price as the 100mm L version. The 65mm is good for super macro, not really good for everyday use. It's supposed to be better built than the L

IDK found this from a dude who owns both and the 180mm for macro work

"
They have very different animals, very ...

I have all 3 of these, and the 100/180 are more general lenses with their specialty being macro images, the mp-e will not do anything then very very close macro and has a fairly steep learning curve, also, if you do not have or plan to get a macro flash, do not really bother with the mp-e as you will not be happy about it until you have a macro ring or dual-head flash.

Also, the 100/180 offer some working distance from the subject, allowing for me variety, with the mp-e you have to literally be on top of your subject.

If I were you I would get the 100 or 180 and then down the line consider the mp-e as a complement."

However I seen some people saying some good things about the 60mm also, but from everything I gather the 65mm is really good for spesific things like if you are trying to take pics of coins or something and still get all the details...the 65mm is a manual lens tho, so it will be a learning curve 2.8 that close will leave some room for user error, because the depth of field will be shallow...really really shallow.

If it was my money I would get the 100mm, but I would use the lens different than you, but if you dont have one now a flash will help with the prod photography no matter what lens you get. If you dont mind what are you selling/need the macro for?

Take a look at the reviews on the canon site, it seems like a great lens one of a kind, but for grass and bugs and shyt...http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consu..._lens_lineup/mp_e_65mm_f_2_8_1_5x_macro_photo
the 180 is pushing it cause my photography is all indoors now.

i sell all types of shyt bulky and tiny (including coins). i just like showing detail. the 65mm i just want to take it over the top. cause my competitors do have nice pictures for their products. most of the pictures look high end point and shoot. there are a few who look like they def got money behind their glass.
i just want to shyt on the game with the 100mm/65mm.

since my 60d broke i've barely sold anything. mostly because it broke my heart but the other cameras just aren't doing it.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
YOu took that street pic in motion?
Yeah Id like to know that as well...

Say y'all fukk with the mirrors cameras? I got a sammy that I've been neglecting but I need to really learn how to use it. The lens takes forever to focus at low light though

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah Id like to know that as well...

Say y'all fukk with the mirrors cameras? I got a sammy that I've been neglecting but I need to really learn how to use it. The lens takes forever to focus at low light though
since i got into photography i've never depended on auto focus.
maybe there's some pros who use auto focus. myself i got touch the focus to always make sure.

mirrorless is probably most practical for street photography.. for their size. unless you have good lenses for any camera they'll struggle in low light..

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
since i got into photography i've never depended on auto focus.
maybe there's some pros who use auto focus. myself i got touch the focus to always make sure.

mirrorless is probably most practical for street photography.. for their size. unless you have good lenses for any camera they'll struggle in low light..
I personally like focusing myself, but i haven't figured out how to make it not attempt to autofocus while I'm messing with the lens. The camera also has the annoying effect of not taking the pic until it gets perfect focus, which really fukks me up at night

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I personally like focusing myself, but i haven't figured out how to make it not attempt to autofocus while I'm messing with the lens. The camera also has the annoying effect of not taking the pic until it gets perfect focus, which really fukks me up at night
the manual/pdf is your friend...

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
YOu took that street pic in motion?
Yeah, I was in a car going east across the bridge, I thought it was going to be fuzzy/blurry because the window was really dirty have some sap shyt or something on it, so I opened the lens up some and prayed that it wouldn't be in the pic lol

the 180 is pushing it cause my photography is all indoors now.

i sell all types of shyt bulky and tiny (including coins). i just like showing detail. the 65mm i just want to take it over the top. cause my competitors do have nice pictures for their products. most of the pictures look high end point and shoot. there are a few who look like they def got money behind their glass.
i just want to shyt on the game with the 100mm/65mm.

since my 60d broke i've barely sold anything. mostly because it broke my heart but the other cameras just aren't doing it.
Lighting is really important too, bump a cheap lens to f/8 with some good lighting and you can get some good pics, no matter what lens you get, get some lights, and if you have some already read up on it and play around with it to try to understand how it can bring some things to life depending on the placement and intensity of the lights.