Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
@Black_Tux @JoelB @spinoza how do yall go about tellin models what to wear n shyt for a shoot? yall tell them what colors to wear, tell em to wear whatever they want, or cop clothes for em yourselves(i got a homeboy who does that but i aint tryna buy clothes for no bytch to wear once :childplease: unless it's like some niche thrift store type shyt)

i keep getting asked to do shoots for people but im not big on publicly attaching anything to my name until im confident that i can pull it off and have high quality results :lupe: so im still practicing different shyt with friends for right now. but that extra money be soundin good some times :noah:

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
@Black_Tux @JoelB @spinoza how do yall go about tellin models what to wear n shyt for a shoot? yall tell them what colors to wear, tell em to wear whatever they want, or cop clothes for em yourselves(i got a homeboy who does that but i aint tryna buy clothes for no bytch to wear once :childplease: unless it's like some niche thrift store type shyt)

i keep getting asked to do shoots for people but im not big on publicly attaching anything to my name until im confident that i can pull it off and have high quality results :lupe: so im still practicing different shyt with friends for right now. but that extra money be soundin good some times :noah:

I usually tell people what colors to wear if i have that option but it depends on the surroundings or background.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I usually tell people what colors to wear if i have that option but it depends on the surroundings or background.
:ehh: yea i like playin with alot of bright colors in my shyt too, just didn't wanna be in a situation where i had a specific color scheme planned out and he/she might not have the type of clothing/colors that i wanted them to have, the idea being at a shoot and gettin put on the spot to make an adjustment has me hesitant right now :sadcam: especially when you gotta work around their schedule

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
cUbZEV3.jpg

(don't remember if I ever posted this)

At first I didn't suggest anything...it was like....

"Me: Let's shoot
Her: :ehh:
Me: Saturday it is :win:"

Then when we link up, its left to chance how the shoot goes bc I'm preoccupied with trying to be "technically" right and neglecting how I want the image to "feel" like.

Now I make more of an effort to pre-plan ...

"Me: :shaq: I got an idea for a shoot...its gonna be downtown, so wear something like blah blah blah. Bring another outfit that looks like blah blah blah, because we gonna pass this place down the street that I think would look dope. *copies and pastes the look i'm visualizing from pinterest/google and sends it to her*
Her: :gladbron: I got this one dress that looks like that, and some heels that will pop with....
Me: :manny:
Her: *describing more outfits she got)
Me: :yawn: Yup...bring all of that.

Then when she finally show up, she gonna show you everything then you decide what fits the look of the shoot you had in your mind...bc at the end of the day its gonna be u dictating the shoot. If what she wearing looks wack, u gotta hit her with the :camby: otherwise u doing yourself (and her) a disservice when u come back home after importing the images and u looking like "Damn this picture woulda look better had she... :patrice: "

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.

I suck at styling. I usually tell them to wear whatever the hell they want. unless i have something SPECIFIC i wanted to shoot.
girls usually know what they look good in :jawalrus:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I suck at styling. I usually tell them to wear whatever the hell they want. unless i have something SPECIFIC i wanted to shoot.
girls usually know what they look good in :jawalrus:
true they might know what they look good in but they dont know what look i might be trying to get in the photo so that's kinda shaky right? :patrice: imma use one of @spinoza pics as an example of what i mean

Untitled by MrEllis, on Flickr

now imagine if instead of yellow she showed up wearin a dark red or navy blue jawn :beli: i woulda had to tell her ass to :camby: and prolly waste alot of time(assuming she'd still want me to take the shot after that :whew:)

im just tryna avoid situations where i'd have to settle for less or reschedule feel me :ld:

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
heres a funny story with how i shot this pic, my and my mans, only two of use were out trolling the strip clubs in spain after a failed night at the clubs :lolbron: we had nothing to do so we come out this this strip club and we ran into this french guy, he seemed drunk but he wanted a random convo about something i cant remember.

Bruh im about to be in Spain for a month, whats some good spots for photography?

Took some pics for the home girl who's moving back to mexico
_ING9754.jpg

_ING9791.jpg

_ING9849.jpg

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
true they might know what they look good in but they dont know what look i might be trying to get in the photo so that's kinda shaky right? :patrice: imma use one of @spinoza pics as an example of what i mean

now imagine if instead of yellow she showed up wearin a dark red or navy blue jawn :beli: i woulda had to tell her ass to :camby: and prolly waste alot of time(assuming she'd still want me to take the shot after that :whew:)

im just tryna avoid situations where i'd have to settle for less or reschedule feel me :ld:

I had that idea for ever and ya she was meant to be wearing yellow. I told her to wear yellow.

I was actually supposed to use this girl inez with blonde/blue hair...........I actually envisioned her when I had the idea for the shoot. Anyways the inez chick had some kind of mental breakdown and just stopped talking to me and like a few days later ran into this chick at a party randomly and I loved her eyes, she was perfect for it.

with this pic I told my homie to wear a pink shirt. It wouldn't work any other way.

I do a lot of thinking about what colors work together. If its my own shyt I pretty much choose the color pallet but if im being paid to shoot someone else, the choice ultimately comes up to them.

This was a commissioned shoot........and luckily red and black go together well

On this pic it was just luck. We were just chilling smoking in bed and there are black curtians behind at the side of my bed. The fact her shirt was black and white was just lucky but worked.

Last edited:

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
Bruh im about to be in Spain for a month, whats some good spots for photography?

Took some pics for the home girl who's moving back to mexico
_ING9754.jpg

_ING9791.jpg

_ING9849.jpg

i was at Majorca so not sure about the other places but it has interesting people and some alright highspots

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I had that idea for ever and ya she was meant to be wearing yellow. I told her to wear yellow.

I was actually supposed to use this girl inez with blonde/blue hair...........I actually envisioned her when I had the idea for the shoot. Anyways the inez chick had some kind of mental breakdown and just stopped talking to me and like a few days later ran into this chick at a party randomly and I loved her eyes, she was perfect for it.

with this pic I told my homie to wear a pink shirt. It wouldn't work any other way.

I do a lot of thinking about what colors work together. If its my own shyt I pretty much choose the color pallet but if im being paid to shoot someone else, the choice ultimately comes up to them.

This was a commissioned shoot........and luckily red and black go together well

On this pic it was just luck. We were just chilling smoking in bed and there are black curtians behind at the side of my bed. The fact her shirt was black and white was just lucky but worked.

good looks on the insight :salute:
right now im more focused on colors, zero interest in black n white shots at the moment
tryna take more shots like this one i got of my homeboy
E by T-K-G, on Flickr

so i wanna ask people to wear specific colors n whatnot

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
good looks on the insight :salute:
right now im more focused on colors, zero interest in black n white shots at the moment
tryna take more shots like this one i got of my homeboy
E by T-K-G, on Flickr

so i wanna ask people to wear specific colors n whatnot

ya just think about what colors would go together beforehand so you know how to ask.

To be honest the pic of the back of that dudes head was partially inspired by a shot i took in teh summer
Things I dream812 by MrEllis, on Flickr