Essential The Official Photography Thread

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
What's a good starter camera outside of this 5 megapixel Olympus / 4x zoom hand me down my dad gave me. (he has some $3000 camera now) should I just cop a new camera or can I take the quality pictures ya"ll take with what seems like an outdated equipment

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What's a good starter camera outside of this 5 megapixel Olympus / 4x zoom hand me down my dad gave me. (he has some $3000 camera now) should I just cop a new camera or can I take the quality pictures ya"ll take with what seems like an outdated equipment
It depends on how much you're willing to spend, and how serious you are about getting into it. Do you want to be able to switch lenses or do you just want a fixed lens?

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
It depends on how much you're willing to spend, and how serious you are about getting into it. Do you want to be able to switch lenses or do you just want a fixed lens?
Something I'll eventually be able to switch lens
The one I have now is not interchangeable, just an option to attach a bigger flash

Does mega pixel really matter? I mean my shots come out decent for 5 :kanye:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The one I have now is not interchangeable, just an option to attach a bigger flash

Mega Pixels matter mostly for printing out large images and retaining the quality and for cropping potential.

Most modern cameras have somewhere between 12 to 16MPs...

Since you know you want a lens with interchangeable lenses, now you need to figure out what size camera you want to bring around with you. There are so many options available breh, if you've ever been on the market for a TV... you know the amount of research you do before pulling the trigger on a purchase. It's even worse when deciding on a camera IMO.

My suggestion would be to look up some of the potential cameras in your price range on flickr so you can see what kind of images people are producing with them to get an idea of what you want.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
i0lj3JY.jpg

G79Edrs.jpg

What was the story on this shot lol?

Last edited:

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
heres a funny story with how i shot this pic, my and my mans, only two of use were out trolling the strip clubs in spain after a failed night at the clubs :lolbron: we had nothing to do so we come out this this strip club and we ran into this french guy, he seemed drunk but he wanted a random convo about something i cant remember.

"40" by Denx6, on Flickr

another spain shot, and another story, so im my hotel maybe around 2pm i start to walk around the floor im on and i see a bottle of wine in someones window, i took a peep and it seemed no one was in so i took the bottle, took it back to my room then came out again to check out the balcony where i took the drink and took a pic of my view.
Untitled by Denx6, on Flickr

Life's A Beach by Denx6, on Flickr

Life's A Beach//2 by Denx6, on Flickr

Untitled by Denx6, on Flickr

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL

Yeah, Mega Pixels matter, but they aren't as important as a lot of people think. It's all about the lens, lighting, exposure, etc.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i love this thread
@GoldenGlove

i remember when this dude was just starting out now hes a pro

775.gif

as they say in baseball good eye breh good eye
:obama:

Man, I remember when I was in here shytting on fixed lenses and going like :wtf: at the prices of some of the gear people bought in here. Now I'm not even 2 years in the game and I've already dropped around 2K getting into this

:wow:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@JoelB

What kind of paint did you use for those foam boards that you posted a while back?