10154369_10152342571379381_4176693972796220107_n.jpg

This is how it truly feels when I'm watching this boy :lolbron:

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hey any tips on working with models?

books, videos anything? I had my first shoot last friday, and I was sooo lost :sadcam:with poses and such it got better as the shoot went on, but I'd like to avoid that next time.

Just steer clear of the forced looking into nowhere poses. It's got to be like intimacy . She's got to understand that she understands her body and just relax and be natural with it. As you said it got better along the way so just take note from that Breh:win:

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Just steer clear of the forced looking into nowhere poses. It's got to be like intimacy . She's got to understand that she understands her body and just relax and be natural with it. As you said it got better along the way so just take note from that Breh:win:

Adding to what SmarkMero posted, when I work with new models it helps to use a few props to break up the awkwardness of them just standing there with both of you thinking of poses. Once you to reach a comfort zone it will be very easy and you will notice that as well. I've went as far as working 1 or 2 models on a regular basis to try poses and work on lighting techniques. One thing you can do is search ModelMayhem for lists that have poses and try them with a willing model. A few examples below........

Where Professional Models Meet Model Photographers - ModelMayhem

Where Professional Models Meet Model Photographers - ModelMayhem