Top 4

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
tumblr_mn0zww9Lb61qcbx0io4_1280.jpg

It might sound corny, but the white balance in this shot is perfect. Colors are great! :noah:

Poppa_Dock

:gladlebron:
Daps
Reppin
Banana Town
can anybody help me with some info on buying a camera?

i wanna put about 1000-1800 into a DSLR and at least 2 lenses probably just the kit lens and a 35mm or something. In the past i used a t3 or a t4i and IMO that camera is a beast but retail its only like 700-800 so there is definitely some better options for around 1000-1800 what do ppl think is the best camera to get for that price?

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
can anybody help me with some info on buying a camera?

i wanna put about 1000-1800 into a DSLR and at least 2 lenses probably just the kit lens and a 35mm or something. In the past i used a t3 or a t4i and IMO that camera is a beast but retail its only like 700-800 so there is definitely some better options for around 1000-1800 what do ppl think is the best camera to get for that price?

If you don't have experience, those are the best to start out with. Thwy do the job and you really don't need to get anything more. Also it lets you get accustomed to carrying that type of weight around. The 5d's and 1ds' and heavy as hell and can seriously kill your motivation to walk and shoot.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
If you don't have experience, those are the best to start out with. Thwy do the job and you really don't need to get anything more. Also it lets you get accustomed to carrying that type of weight around. The 5d's and 1ds' and heavy as hell and can seriously kill your motivation to walk and shoot.

I tried my friend's dslr the other day and no way I'd want to lug around that

Thank heavens for mirror less cameras. When I went to Cuba I was able to fit it in my shorts pocket

Sent from Royalty using Tapatalk

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
I tried my friend's dslr the other day and no way I'd want to lug around that

Thank heavens for mirror less cameras. When I went to Cuba I was able to fit it in my shorts pocket

yeah.. i think i'm gonna sell my 3100 and get a fuji x100 i want some shyt thats not big as fukk

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Just purchased a Sony NEX-6 for an overseas trip im heading out on this week. It took me a while to decide between this and the NEX-7, but from all the info and reviews i have been looking at it seems the NEX-6 is the way to go, due to the superior technology (wifi, apps) and low light performance. Ultimately I will pair it with the Carl Zeiss 24mm, but for now i purchased the 30mm sigma prime lens to accompany the standard 16-50mm zoom kit lens.

If this lens does well for me on this trip, ill likely sell all my nikon stuff and go full NEX for my high end camera needs.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music

Not really. My cam fits in a jacket pocket easily and I don't wear it around me neck. When I feel like a shot is coming on, I just put the strap around my wrist and take the hood off.

IMG_79661-625x407.jpg

And with the articulating screen it's ideal for shooting from the waist where people don't even know you're snapping a shot of them.

Dude, is that the Nex-6 or 5? i just copped the 6 with that exact sigma lens. How do you like it so far? I nearly was going to splurge for the Carl Zeiss 24mm, but wasn't sure if i would be happy enough with the camera to spend the money.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Just purchased a Sony NEX-6 for an overseas trip im heading out on this week. It took me a while to decide between this and the NEX-7, but from all the info and reviews i have been looking at it seems the NEX-6 is the way to go, due to the superior technology (wifi, apps) and low light performance. Ultimately I will pair it with the Carl Zeiss 24mm, but for now i purchased the 30mm sigma prime lens to accompany the standard 16-50mm zoom kit lens.

If this lens does well for me on this trip, ill likely sell all my nikon stuff and go full NEX for my high end camera needs.

Dude, is that the Nex-6 or 5? i just copped the 6 with that exact sigma lens. How do you like it so far? I nearly was going to splurge for the Carl Zeiss 24mm, but wasn't sure if i would be happy enough with the camera to spend the money.

:gladbron:

Another NEX shooter on the team...

I have the 5N. I would have gotten the 6 but it wasn't out when I went on my honeymoon. I was thinking about selling the 5N and even getting the 6, but with all the rumors of the next successor for the 7 by the end of the year I just said I'll chill. And yeah I have the Sigma 30mm, it's a nice sharp lens. Even at 2.8 it's sharp.

That Zeiss is too much for me though, can't drop that much on a lens when the body was only like 478 when I copped. But that shyt takes lovely pics. You'll rarely need flash with that one. I would recommend the 50mm 1.8 lens too. Great in low light conditions.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

I love micro four thirds only thing I hate is the prices of the lens.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@Hiphoplives4eva

Almost all of my shots that I've posted in here are from either the Sigma that you have or the 50f1.8, so you can see what kind of shots you'll be getting. The Sigma does ok in low light, not great.

Also, it would be best if you go through and set your custom buttons on the cam so you can get to your preferred settings quicker. (ISO, Focus Mode, Creative Style, Flash Mode etc)

Last edited by a moderator: