Essential The Official Photography Thread

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
Funniest ish I'm seein lately...people actually importing their dslr taken photos to instagram and uploading then to facebook...shyt makes me furious...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk HD

I uploaded like two pics from my dlsr onto my instagram. Didn't use any of the filters though. Then I saw what guys like trashhand and 13thwitness are posting with only an iPhone and figured I need to step my iPhone pic taking game up. Now only posting iPhone pics.

Filtering dlsr pics with instagram apps like deluxefx :snoop:

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I need to step my iPhone pic taking game up.

:whoa: are you trying to be a photographer or a phone pic taker? 13th witness is already pretty established as a photographer and his dad is a famous artist (who follows me by the way). The stuff he does on instgram is mainly throwaway stuff....if you just start focusing on taking pics with an iphone you wont learn really learn anything. Plus say you take the perfect picture on your iphone......there is really nothing you can do with it since the quality is so poor when you compare it to even the cheapest real camera.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
How do you guys feel about people asking you to take pictures at family-like events? Not in an official capacity but in a "hey you have a nice camera so come..." type capacity.

I've done this twice in the last 7 days and here are my frustrations...

• EVERYBODY has a camera these days. I cant even capture a good candid shot because someone's arm is in my way with their shytty cell phone camera.
  • The people that ask me to take pics are taking picture themselves with a point and shoot and uploading them to facebook asap. What's the point of me going thru LR and stuff to show you the same pic?

Also, what does everyone hope to do with their camera? I wanna do street, portrait, and candids. Taking pictures of family and events is kinda wack to me. I might stop bringing my camera. Plus shooting and focusing with primes and working around people is work.

Here's an article kind of touching on this.

It's about weddings though...
“Unplugged Weddings”: Preventing Guests From Destroying Your Photographs | Fstoppers

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
:whoa: are you trying to be a photographer or a phone pic taker? 13th witness is already pretty established as a photographer and his dad is a famous artist (who follows me by the way). The stuff he does on instgram is mainly throwaway stuff....if you just start focusing on taking pics with an iphone you wont learn really learn anything. Plus say you take the perfect picture on your iphone......there is really nothing you can do with it since the quality is so poor when you compare it to even the cheapest real camera.

Respect this post. Can't argue anything you said. Rather be known as a photographer for sure. Just the concept of using such a poor camera to take quality pics is the challenge. Clearly camera>iPhone. I use the iPhone Instagram challenge to just train my eye. Especially as I'm in the market for a better dlsr.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
lol ive put instgram filters on pictures Ive taken and edited in photoshop. Mayfair and rise just make pictures look :ohlawd: sometimes haha.

yea when i use lightroom sometimes i just copy the settings from other pics that i already edited (and liked) and use em as filters

can't manually edit every pic you take :yeshrug:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
yea when i use lightroom sometimes i just copy the settings from other pics that i already edited (and liked) and use em as filters

I save the presets, but unless you pics are in similar lighting/situations you're going to be tweaking the presets you saved from previous pics anyway.

:yeshrug:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

I save the presets, but unless you pics are in similar lighting/situations you're going to be tweaking the presets you saved from previous pics anyway.

:yeshrug:

yea i know but it cuts down time and me trying to remember how i made a particular look :yeshrug:

i never remember to save those presets thanks for reminding me :wow:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
opXYxI5.jpg

old white lady hopped in that shyt and peeled off :krs:

GbdCzsZ.jpg

rnydywJ.jpg

tried to get the whole background white to give it that "void" vibe but it aint work :yeshrug:

edit: didn't even realize it was on "Concord" Street :krs:

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama

I manually edit every pic I take for the most part. Unless it was an event I was getting paid to shoot. LIke when I shot hashtag gallery for the vice magazine photo show i pretty much used the same settings on each pic.

But in general I try to edit each pic individually.....I have a certian style I try to get so most of my pics come out looking the same anyway.

What I meant earlier is that I edited a pic in photoshop....and i loaded it in instagram but just clicked the filter to see what it would look like and ended up using it cause it gave me a better look. THe instagram filters are getting better....mayfair is :ohlawd:

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Funniest ish I'm seein lately...people actually importing their dslr taken photos to instagram and uploading then to facebook...shyt makes me furious...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk HD

i've put stuff on instagram, but i tag it with my camera just so that people know it wasnt taken with the iphone. i hate taking pictures with my phone. :manny: