Essential The Official Photography Thread

Rich Spirit

#LeveledUp
Daps
Reppin
houston.
How do you guys feel about people asking you to take pictures at family-like events? Not in an official capacity but in a "hey you have a nice camera so come..." type capacity.

I've done this twice in the last 7 days and here are my frustrations...

• EVERYBODY has a camera these days. I cant even capture a good candid shot because someone's arm is in my way with their shytty cell phone camera.
  • The people that ask me to take pics are taking picture themselves with a point and shoot and uploading them to facebook asap. What's the point of me going thru LR and stuff to show you the same pic?

Also, what does everyone hope to do with their camera? I wanna do street, portrait, and candids. Taking pictures of family and events is kinda wack to me. I might stop bringing my camera. Plus shooting and focusing with primes and working around people is work.
I want to get into photography and i want to shoot mainly streets and portraits.

This is some good work, love portraits.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
How do you guys feel about people asking you to take pictures at family-like events? Not in an official capacity but in a "hey you have a nice camera so come..." type capacity.

• EVERYBODY has a camera these days. I cant even capture a good candid shot because someone's arm is in my way with their shytty cell phone camera.
  • The people that ask me to take pics are taking picture themselves with a point and shoot and uploading them to facebook asap. What's the point of me going thru LR and stuff to show you the same pic?

Also, what does everyone hope to do with their camera? I wanna do street, portrait, and candids. Taking pictures of family and events is kinda wack to me. I might stop bringing my camera. Plus shooting and focusing with primes and working around people is work.

I would ask the people to move out of the way since you're taking the pics for the people that asked you to take them. If you don't want to say anything, then walk around or move up to the point where the people taking photos aren't in your shots.

I actually had to do that at my sisters track meet that I uploaded on Saturday. I had out the 55-210 lens and I'm framing the shot and practicing on other girls who were jumping before my sister got up, and this woman literally stands right in my shot. She turn and looked back at me like...

:usure:

I switched to my 30mm Sigma and walked up and stood right next to her like fukk it I'm a get the shot I want.

As for the other question, I like street photography, and snapshots of people, portraits are cool but I prefer snapshots where I can just capture the essence of the room or whatever is going on.

Still getting a feel for what exactly I want to achieve with this but I don't expect that to happen over night. I've shot 2 music videos so far for a friend (which is why I wanted a cam capable of being good at both, video and stills) and he's asked me to be his "photographer" so to speak when he starts doing shows, but we'll see.

wutang512

Banned
Daps
Reppin

I usually just do me and get the photos I want to get.
Now if somebody else has a DSLR and snapping photos like crazy than I usually just say fukk it if im not getting paid.

If im getting paid ill ask people to get out of the way cause their interfering with my work.

The one thing I cant stand is people with cellphones trying to take photos while im taking shooting. Asking people to look at them instead of me

DuncanWebayama

webayama 7'5" hall of fame loc
Daps
Reppin
french baguittes and chips
Funniest ish I'm seein lately...people actually importing their dslr taken photos to instagram and uploading then to facebook...shyt makes me furious...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk HD

DamonDashsRocAFellaChain

How could a man say he has a boss and be proud?
Daps
tumblr_mmtnxbUgKm1qcbx0io1_1280.jpg

Props to @GoldenGlove for the info

Last edited by a moderator: