The Official-Official Halo Infinite Thread

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Game feels so stiff compared to Destiny.. Too bad Bungie won't release the next Destiny. shyt needs a next gen release..

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
getting the drop on someone on controller v someone on mnk plays out very differently. aim assist got nothing to do with someone being able to spin around damn near instantly if needed
Bruh it’s 10x harder to turn on mouse and keyboard in close combat. U gotta count for the full turn and the slighter movement of hip fire fighting.

mouse and key better long range but everything else goes to controller. Movement in keyboard is also 10x harder

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
Also for the aiming. Put both your thresholds to 15. It makes it instantly responsive and fast.

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Bruh it’s 10x harder to turn on mouse and keyboard in close combat. U gotta count for the full turn and the slighter movement of hip fire fighting.

mouse and key better long range but everything else goes to controller. Movement in keyboard is also 10x harder
you can literally flick your mouse and 180 on the spot. on controller, someone can be right behind you and even at max sens you're dealing with time as a constraint and not your own dexterity. inherent drift is an issue too

fine adjustments at long range are the most basic part of mnk - if someone is complaining about not being able to use mnk up close its because they simply don't even know what you can do with a quality gaming mouse...

you can toggle dpi settings with a single button ffs. not even gonna talk about it anymore because its just gonna derail

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
I asked how to actually switch it to 120fps.

The option to switch to performance mode is grayed out on my game so I asked was there another way to switch it in case I was missing something.

Is your Xbox video settings set up for 120?

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
you can literally flick your mouse and 180 on the spot. on controller, someone can be right behind you and even at max sens you're dealing with time as a constraint and not your own dexterity. inherent drift is an issue too

fine adjustments at long range are the most basic part of mnk - if someone is complaining about not being able to use mnk up close its because they simply don't even know what you can do with a quality gaming mouse...

you can toggle dpi settings with a single button ffs. not even gonna talk about it anymore because its just gonna derail
Close range tracking is the hardest part of MnK for several reasons, any good MnK player will tell you that. In games with decent aim assist (halo, warzone, apex) I think controller is easier up close personally. MnK is superior long range and for precision/flicks for sure. But that barrel stuffing close range play goes to controller imo.

Also if you are insinuating good mouse players switch their dpi on the fly, nobody does that. It takes a long time to get the muscle memory for your preferred dpi/sensitivity combo.

I have no horse in either race but do have a ton of experience with both and just being real about it.

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps

Being able to flick ur mouse and spin 180 makes it so much more difficult to fight close quarters because ur mouse sensitive has to be high for that. A high sensitivity when u need precision for hip firing makes it hard as hell. U will shoot all over the place because the smallest movement of ur mouse makes ur character move so much.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Close range tracking is the hardest part of MnK for several reasons, any good MnK player will tell you that. In games with decent aim assist (halo, warzone, apex) I think controller is easier up close personally. MnK is superior long range and for precision/flicks for sure. But that barrel stuffing close range play goes to controller imo.

Also if you are insinuating good mouse players switch their dpi on the fly, nobody does that. It takes a long time to get the muscle memory for your preferred dpi/sensitivity combo.

I have no horse in either race but do have a ton of experience with both and just being real about it.
notice how i been on the turn and respond scenario bit the entire time

there is no flick response on the same level offered on controller. if someone on mnk fails to track then they failed at tracking. individual needs to work that out. its not on the device. aim assist has nothing to do with what im talking about - and that's the crux of the most tired mnk/controller stuff. aim assist is not entire discussion but its always given way more credit than it deserves.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
notice how i been on the turn and respond scenario bit the entire time

there is no flick response on the same level offered on controller. if someone on mnk fails to track then they failed at tracking. individual needs to work that out. its not on the device. aim assist has nothing to do with what im talking about - and that's the crux of the most tired mnk/controller stuff. aim assist is not entire discussion but its always given way more credit than it deserves.
Agree to disagree, I actually think the opposite. Controller players underestimate the roll of aim assist and how much it's actually doing.

This is coming from thousands of hours of personal experience on both and going back and forth between them (I used to underestimate how much it was doing too). Mouse is a lot harder to be good at than people think, it has a higher skill ceiling for sure, but a harder base level entry point. It is easier for your average joe schmoe to do well out the gate on a controller than on a mouse. IMO it is impossible to gain the correct perspective on this unless you've spent a lot of time on both. Preferably in the same game.

I have a whole argument about the x axis and how aim assist helps you on the turns but I don't want to derail the thread.

I think we can both agree the game is fun as hell though.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
They got it perfect this time around.

Perfect balance of modern stuff like sprinting, ADS, and power ups. But still feels like OG Halo. Every round is like a chess match if you know what you are doing.

Yeap i literally had a big ass smile a few minutes into my first game. I didnt like the other 343 joints at all but this feels perfect. If the campaign was created w the same care this shyt gonna be :banderas: status
Halo on PC with the PS5 controller the wave.:banderas:

wait what :krs: does it fukk w the triggers when you shoot????