The Official New Rory & Mal Podcast Thread

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
u must be one of the nikkas im talking about and feel personally attacked

imagine being a grown ass man repping sides in a podcast beef out of spite, but im the weird one :mjlol:
You wrote a whole 1st page of a book
On some:ufdup:
Fukk outta here nikka
tenor.gif

drifter

Superstar
Daps
u must be one of the nikkas im talking about and feel personally attacked

imagine being a grown ass man repping sides in a podcast beef out of spite, but im the weird one :mjlol:

Idk you flew off the handle and typed a bunch of shyt off one post somebody made, everybody else is talking about what the format's gonna be, them partnering with KD's people, comedic timing, etc.

You sound like you want it to fail because of people that want Joe to fail, you can't say you don't sound like that. Look how much shyt you said about them failing then wrapping up saying Joe will be fine.

This is not the Joe Budden Podcast thread, so typing all that shyt and arguing about it in here IS weird.

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
Idk you flew off the handle and typed a bunch of shyt off one post somebody made, everybody else is talking about what the format's gonna be, them partnering with KD's people, comedic timing, etc.

You sound like you want it to fail because of people that want Joe to fail, you can't say you don't sound like that. Look how much shyt you said about them failing then wrapping up saying Joe will be fine.

This is not the Joe Budden Podcast thread, so typing all that shyt and arguing about it in here IS weird.
"Off one post somebody made"....there are literally a bunch of posts about joe in this thread that’s what prompted me to say what I said because that's a bunch of what I see being talked about. You can search “joe” in this thread and get two pages worth of results so stop being a disingenuous fukkboy mad because I’m calling you nikkas out for fake love. I don’t have a stake in this battle so no I’m not rooting for anybody to fail or on any side.

I simply said Rory and Mal’s talent will have to shine through to keep this successful in the long run because the people who are only supporting to spite Joe Budden aren’t going to stick around. JBP being fine in the long run is based on the fact that it was still successful without them and me hoping that they can do the same. But you emotional fakkits love spinning shyt because you can’t address the actual issue I brought up so you deflect with insults.

DanielAlfredsson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
JBP being fine in the long run is based on the fact that it was still successful without them

I'd say the jury is still out on that one.

It was not nearly the success it was before Mal & Rory were there. Literally NO ONE was checking for it when it was Joe and Marissa.

And to say it's successful now without them is too soon. That's a judgement that can be made 6-9 months from now. If you think it's a better show, or as good, now still with Ice & Ish, that's one thing, but that's purely subjective.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
im just going by the responses in this thread that are more about dislike for joe than it is about anything else.. im not saying that their 50k and counting subscribers are from the coli but IF the consensus in this thread is a representation of most of their supporters then that is counterproductive

I know they have their fan base and supporters but time will tell if that is a large enough number of people that will keep the views high in the long run well after the joe budden drama isnt relevant anymore and the initial "im supporting to spite joe budden" crowd that comes along with it passes by, and considering joe has almost a million subscribers on youtube im sure a good number of their subscribers came from that and converted over

Makes sense.

The way I see it though---for 2 people who (going by what they've said over the years] care about money and other things, it's a win-win for them. I don't see any type of L to be had for em.

Public perception is mainly on their side from the cheap seats to the big celebrities (hence the quick deal turnaround w/ KD's group).

Say the podcast only has 6-8 months of decent to above average #s? I'm sure they've secured anywhere from 6 to 7 figures on basically what might as well be a 10 day contract in the NBA or a 1 year prove it deal.

If KD or Rich don't like the #s it's doing or the advertisers aren't rolling through, it gets bushed, no harm no foul. Rory and Mal still make bread. KD and Rich prolly still make bread from the initial hype and getting advertisers and sponsors off that to break even or make a small profit.

Everybody eats :manny:

But I honestly can't see them doing worse than some of these other mid tier podcasts that do #s.

They've proven that they can entertain at the very least, yes by sitting next to Joe for the most part, but they have a lot of classic moments themselves and did pretty good the cpl times Joe wasn't there. They even surprised me once or twice.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
I think they'd be better off doing a scripted faux reality show like this. I enjoy listening to both of them but I don't think their personalities are polarizing enough to get people to tune in on a weekly basis. At JBP's peak, Joe was the one bringing the fukkery while Rory/Mal played off of him well.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if yall supporting this out of hate for another man rather than genuine enjoyment of what they bring to the table as podcasters then that support wont last at all.. are you excited for rory and mal or are you just excited to get joe the fukk outta here?

so far all we've gotten from them as a separate act is centered around addressing joe budden/JBP directly and indirectly, they have every right to speak their truth but when its all said and done theyll have to deliver as podcasters or whatever the new venture is and the real test is when they have to talk about other topics that they cant be safe about like they were in the past now that they are the main focus, unless it's a guest oriented show and not a traditional podcast, big guests arent gonna carry the product forever if the people producing the product arent polarizing and compelling personalities

all in all, despite this forums investment in joes failure, JBP will recover and do just fine in the long run, this is going to start off hot and very well just might do bigger numbers than JBP for a period of time but it'll be up to rory and mal's talent to keep the people engaged and sustain the momentum
Nikka relax:mjlol:

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
if yall supporting this out of hate for another man rather than genuine enjoyment of what they bring to the table as podcasters then that support wont last at all.. are you excited for rory and mal or are you just excited to get joe the fukk outta here?

so far all we've gotten from them as a separate act is centered around addressing joe budden/JBP directly and indirectly, they have every right to speak their truth but when its all said and done theyll have to deliver as podcasters or whatever the new venture is and the real test is when they have to talk about other topics that they cant be safe about like they were in the past now that they are the main focus, unless it's a guest oriented show and not a traditional podcast, big guests arent gonna carry the product forever if the people producing the product arent polarizing and compelling personalities

all in all, despite this forums investment in joes failure, JBP will recover and do just fine in the long run, this is going to start off hot and very well just might do bigger numbers than JBP for a period of time but it'll be up to rory and mal's talent to keep the people engaged and sustain the momentum

Imagine being this obsessed.