The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
sorry to hear you missed out on the best Netflix marvel show to date :mjpls:

all before you have watched the first episode? :ehh:

i watched half or maybe even a bit more than jessica jones.. so i gave it a fair shot and i couldn't get into it :yeshrug:

just going by the trailer.. i like superheroes doing super things and it looks like luke cage does that more than jj :yeshrug:

i could be wrong :yeshrug:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Jessica Jones had a much stronger 1st season then Daredevil. And will be better then Iron Fist by default just cause Iron fist is about as lame as you get.

But daredevil season 2 is still better then Jessica Jones.

Punisher gonna be better then al of them though :wow:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Jessica Jones had a much stronger 1st season then Daredevil. And will be better then Iron Fist by default just cause Iron fist is about as lame as you get.

But daredevil season 2 is still better then Jessica Jones.

Punisher gonna be better then al of them though :wow:
I wouldnt argue with that because there is a case to be made but the turn it took once Elektra joined the fray can not be ignored, the stuff with the hand and black smith really hurt it especially the way it was wrapped up. Most ppls quams with jj was there wasn't enough action, the nuke character/storyline and the finale. When you weigh the flaws as well as strengths Jessica jones achieved more with less and DD s2 misfires were more offensive

Last edited:

Jards

All Star
Daps
So fukkING defensive:francis:

Let me SPELL THIS shyt OUT FOR YOU!.:stopitslime:

If they really are planning on dropping this Defenders shyt pretty soon. I dont see a need to do JJ season 2 just to cram it in. They already introduced her, now they need to introduce Luke and Iron Fist.

Ok I get it "bu bu bu bu bu bu but DD got a season 2:sadcam:" Yes he did, but I think that was mainly on the luck of timing being that he was the 1st to drop, they were still in planning stages with the overall directions of "this street universe" and they didnt even have cast, producers, story, and etc set for any other show yet possibly.

It was possibly easier to keep the momentum with that show since it was already in motion.

Then again, it could possibly be like @Mook said, they really wanted to do all one season but DD was so fukking popular that the studio heads was like "we got something good on our hands we gotta get back out there"
I read somewhere that it was Netflix that demanded it - like they insisted on having it come out after JJ because it was so popular

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I wouldnt argue with that because there is a case to be made but the turn it took once Elektra joined the fray can not be ignored, the stuff with the hand and black smith really hurt it especially the way it was wrapped up. Most ppls quams with jj was there wasn't enough action, the nuke character/storyline and the finale. When you weigh the flaws as well as strengths Jessica jones achieved more with less and DD s2 misfires were more offensive

Yea I agree with this!

Also I thought it was confirmed JJ season 2 wont be til AFTER "The Defenders" And that "The Punisher" is taking JJ initial slot.

So we have
Luke Cage
Iron Fist
The Punisher
The Defenders
Jessica Jones Season 2
Daredevil Season 3.

Last edited:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Yea I agree with this!

Also I thought it was confirmed JJ season 2 wont be til AFTER "The Defenders"
the fact it is happening isn't in dispute my gripe was i don't see the necessity in stacking on another show (in this case misty knight) when outside of DD there is no guarantee we are going to see the shows that we do have yearly

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Seeing this thread Upped had me searching all over Netflix thinking this was released. Come to find out it's still days away :snoop: