The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
This show was dope but an inconsistently, at times cringe-worthy, written, editing and pacing mess of a show. It's like for everything that's BRILLIANT, there's always something you either had to roll your eyes at, shake your head from, or just get absolutely frustrated towards. The main SAVING GRACE of the show is the strong performances by the women and the music. But this at times tried TOO DAMN HARD in being one of those cheesy blackploitation flick... I was waiting for Black Dynamite to appear at any moment. There had to be some kind of proper balance and I felt that between episodes 4-8 had that RIGHT BALANCE of it paying homage to those 70's blackploitation movies as well as being its own thing with consistensy.... but truthfully, when they swerve episode happened everything from that was a bunch of filler vs over-the-top mockery of blackploitation. I almost had to cut off Netflix for a second after I've heard Shades say "whutchu talkin' 'bout, Willis".... It was too much... too forced... even the DWYCK line, it was cool, but didn't sound natural at all.... A lot things with the bottom end of this season was just frustrating. That said... overall it was still enjoyable. But they REALLY need to fix a lot of things if there's to be a season 2.
Im not gonna disagree with you cause you aint say anything wrong.
But ill say this tho...
If you are a fan of the book (the 1st hero for hire series from the 70s) youll kinda get what theyre aiming for with this show
Cause truth be told the book is cheesey as fukk!! Lol
I mean its dope! But you know how the blaxploitation shyts be.
You gotta take it for what it is.
Alot of silliness that you just chuckle at and keep it moving
shyt, even the new Cage and Iron Fist books are silly.

I agree with everything that you said. @gluvnast isn't wrong, but it does mimic the tone of the books. I'll say this, this is probably the truest superhero show, in that it closely follows the origins and style of everything Luke Cage. I do have some gripes with it, but I'll discuss them in a few.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Anyone not feeling the characters or setting gets put on the list
fb1a79b8a3951114dcbeb8ccd6d8ee66_zpswnywveez.png
7htmonq_zpsaf84fhrb.png

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps
yea that "watchu talking about willis" part was :francis:

I'm on episode 11 but the pacing seems weird once Diamondback started appearing. I think Cottonmouth was portrayed so well and different that Diamondback seems too extra. The religious part is cool but some of the other parts about him just seem over the top. It's like he's acting too hard if that makes sense :russ:

All in all I love this series and glad it was made. Wouldn't mind a misty spinoff but I doubt it'll happen since so much is going on now w/ marvel/netflix

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
I dont like Juice being cast. Hated him on SOA. Now him and Mariah gonna fukk :scust:

Dunn Purnsley killed it doe.

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
the fight between diamondback and luke cage in the finale was laughable

Corny fight scenes aside, the quality of the series could have been significantly improved simply by casting a better Luke Cage. Dude had the look but couldn't act for sh*t. Brought down the quality of the whole show imo.