The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

NelsonSwagdela

All Star
Daps
If you have to ask maybe you are just stupid. Why do you need to ask their point of view? The reason is you looking for a way to not watch it under some bullshyt guise and you can lie about that if you want to. If it was some p*ssy would need to ask the coli their opinion? fukk no cause you want that p*ssy so the same shyt applies here. If you wanted to at least watch the show you wouldn't be looking for no bogus reason not to watch it esp when you already said most in here views are different than what you read. You can lie to yourself but don't try to lie to me. It was a completely unreasonable question and that's why I quoted you. I said you sound weak dude get out your feelings and switching up my words, Jesus Christ

Right? It's a fukking show, man. Relax.

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
can someone watch this if they didn't grow up reading or collecting comic books? I feel like I would be lost without knowing the history of Luke Cage.

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
I thought Shades was good. People upset that he's not intimidating are missing the point of his character. He's the dude you don't think should be there or make it that far...but does.

I'll say he didn't have to be intimidating but he sure as hell wasn't convincing as whatever he was supposed to be. I got that he was there to usher Mariah into what she would become. I called that from the second I saw her and the first time they interacted.

But the role could've been plated way differently and his performance was the worst to me. I didn't know Theo Rossi was in it. I pull for the dude as an actor but his scenes were a struggle. Now a few days later, I'm learning he was a lot of people's favorite.

Shades = the French Montana of MCU.

Let it marinate...

That brings hope for my liking him then because rip until this year I couldn't stand French.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
On a sidenote... the guns in the pilot are manufactured by the villain from Ironman 2... Justin Hammer.

th

Great continuity. :lawd:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
can someone watch this if they didn't grow up reading or collecting comic books? I feel like I would be lost without knowing the history of Luke Cage.
Watch the Double Toasted review that the homie @Deltron posted in the DT thread

Save you alotta time reading the books

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I'll say he didn't have to be intimidating but he sure as hell wasn't convincing as whatever he was supposed to be. I got that he was there to usher Mariah into what she would become. I called that from the second I saw her and the first time they interacted.

But the role could've been plated way differently and his performance was the worst to me. I didn't know Theo Rossi was in it. I pull for the dude as an actor but his scenes were a struggle. Now a few days later, I'm learning he was a lot of people's favorite.

That brings hope for my liking him then because rip until this year I couldn't stand French.
Shades is a creep
Hes a creep in the comic book

And homie did a good job playing that role even with him not being black like the real Shades

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
Shades is a creep
Hes a creep in the comic book

And homie did a good job playing that role even with him not being black like the real Shades

That's what I'm saying though. I didn't get that from him. If that's what he was even going for.

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf

You'll be fine. You don't need to have read a single comic.
They do refer to events that happened in Jessica Jones and in the first Avengers movie though, but you don't technically even need to have seen any of that.

All you need to know beforehand is that do to the Avengers having to fight aliens out in public to save the world in the first Avengers movie, everyone knows superpowered people exist already, they just don't know who exactly has powers and the public is generally weary and fearful of ppl with powers.

I would say watch the Avengers movie at least... and if you really want a thourough backstory on Luke Cage then watch Jessica Jones on netflix. Luke Cage is in like 6 episodes of her 13 episode show so is heavily featured in it.

Thats it really. :manny:
But even if you watch this show cold without ever having seen another Marvel show or film you will be absolutely fine.

roxxthe96er

Emcee
Daps
Reppin
CCVII, AMERICON.
the one thing I took away was that the creators made SURE they touched base on civil rights issues and history. Sure this is a comic book story but most importantly, its a BLACK hero in an environment alot of troubled black youth can identify with
That scene where he picked that dude up in the park by his throat? Daaaaaamn

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Just finished it. It didn't drag nearly as bad as JJ did. But the climax was a little weak and the villains weren't as good as kingpin and purple man.

The show shines with the vibe they were able to create. Although it might have been weaker than JJ and DD in some spots, it struck a cord with me as a black man.

Can't wait for next season.

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
so what's the word on this brehs?

i'm not really big on any of the marvel shows..watched the first episode of daredevil and was bored as fukk

agents of shield is a snooze fest

is this any better

Network shows (anythin with comercials and no swearing) tend to be trash. That means Agents of Shield, Peggy Carter, etc are garbage in my opinion.

Netflix cable shows have higher production values and actual deep plots. Better filming, etc. Daredevil is overall great, but its not designed to be watched as episodes (thats why its released all at once). Its a single continous story, like a 13 hour movie. There are things in the first episode of daredevil that arent even important til later on in the movie so to speak.
The villain isn't even introduced in the first episode... :deadmanny: Its just a different kind of thing marvel is doing with the netflix stuff. I didn't watch DD at first either, It took me a second to understand what they were doing then I was like okay, I get it.

Just wach this 5 minute chunk and you will understand what I mean. If this doesn't make you want to start it over and watch the series then it probably isn't for you.