The official Netflix Marvel's "Jessica Jones" thread

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
The one thing that gets me is this whole "she's owning her sexuality" thing all the bloggers have been raving about. So she gets drunk and let's Luke Cage Doggystyle her. So what? How is that more empowering than any other sex scene in history where the woman gets to enjoy sex:mjlol: feminists man I swear...

:mjlol: Which blogs are saying this?

Giving up the panties in a drunken roll in the sack is empowering but if she gets emotional and lets Luke comfort her they will say she's is being written as weak.
:dead:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
because I wasn't a fan of the comic she starred in.

I didn't know they were gonna turn her into Faith from Buffy and have The Valeyard ( obligatory Doctor Who reference) in it.

Now I'm all for it. :yeshrug:

This is how I felt. Jessica Jones was a mediocre character in a so-so comic who only stayed relevant because Bendis put her in his Avengers books. This show is probably the most interesting the character has ever looked.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
AKA Ladies Night: Jessica Jones is hired to find a pretty NYU student who''s vanished, but it turns out to be more than a simple missing persons case

AKA Crush Syndrome: Jessica vows to prove Hope's innocence, even though it means tracking down a terrifying figure from her own past.

AKA It's called Whiskey: It won't be easy to acquire or deploy. but Jessica thinks she's found a weapon to use against Kilgrave. Luke and Jessica bond over their similarities.

AKA: 99 Friends: A new case demands attention as Jessica tries to find out who's spying on her for Kilgrave. Trish's radio show yields unexpected consequences

AKA The Sandwich Saved Me: Despite Jessica's objections, Trish's new friend Simpson gets involved in the hunt for Kilgrave. Jessica recalls a pivotal moment in her life.

AKA You're a Winner: Luke hires Jessica to help him find someone who may have skipped town, but she fears he'll learn too much about her history in the process.

AKA Top Shelf Perverts: Malcom, Simpson and Trish go rouge to prevent Jessica from carrying out an extreme plan to outwit Kilgrave.

AKA WWJD: Jessica experiences a strange homecoming courtesy of Kilgrave. Hograth's conflict with her estranged wife reaches a tipping point

AKA Sin Bin: Just when Jessica has Kilgrave right where she want's him. Hogarth's involvement complicates the situation. Details of Kilgrave's past emerge.

AKA 1,000 Cuts: A discovery has the potential to change the entire game -- if Jessica can refuse Kilgrave's offer.

AKA I've Got The Blues: Jessica searches morgues for clues. Trish goes all out to keep Simpson from getting in Jessica's way. Malcom has an epiphany.

AKA Take a Bloody Number: The hunt for Kilgrave reunites Jessica with Luke. Trish receives some unexpected information about Simpson and Jessica.

AKA Smile: Jessica and Luke get help from someone else in the neighborhood. Kilgrave gears up for a major test of powers against Jessica.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Luke Cage and Purple Man Revealed in 'Jessica Jones' Promotional Pics
Luke Cage and Purple Man Revealed in 'Jessica Jones' Promotional Pics
by Mat 'Inferiorego' Elfring on November 5, 2015

Tons of new photos from the show!

Jessica Jones is coming to Netflix on November 20th and today Netflix released quite a few promotional images for the upcoming first season (via ComingSoon). In these images, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Purple Man (Kilgrave) can all be seen in action.

Jessica Jones hits Netflix on November 20th.