The official Netflix Marvel's "Jessica Jones" thread

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dunno how i feel about this show. I was down with the rebellious and unconventional nature of Alias / J Jones, when i read the series over a decade ago.

I just wasn't down with what came after: her gettin knocked up by and marrying Luke Cage, and having him go from essentially being Black Dynamite to being tied to the hip with this becky character in a sappy marriage/parenthood schtik that isn't black excellence or anything that helps Cage be remotely interesting. IDGAF how 'cute' it is that he has to play the "i hope she aint mad at me b/c i dont want to sleep on the couch" husband trope.. that sappy shyt. Hopefully they keep things from progressing in that route and Cage's show just focuses more on making him bad ass in his own right. Of course i expect them to eventually go with that coupling... :francis: but hopefully he and Iron Fist can do their own thing for a lengthy minute or two, before all that sappy stuff starts coming into play.
Reading some Power Man and Iron Fist from the 1970s, all I can do is :smh: at how they safe negro'd Cage :martin:
I'm seriously enjoying these early stories

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
I dunno how i feel about this show. I was down with the rebellious and unconventional nature of Alias / J Jones, when i read the series over a decade ago.

I just wasn't down with what came after: her gettin knocked up by and marrying Luke Cage, and having him go from essentially being Black Dynamite to being tied to the hip with this becky character in a sappy marriage/parenthood schtik that isn't black excellence or anything that helps Cage be remotely interesting. IDGAF how 'cute' it is that he has to play the "i hope she aint mad at me b/c i dont want to sleep on the couch" husband trope.. that sappy shyt. Hopefully they keep things from progressing in that route and Cage's show just focuses more on making him bad ass in his own right. Of course i expect them to eventually go with that coupling... :francis: but hopefully he and Iron Fist can do their own thing for a lengthy minute or two, before all that sappy stuff starts coming into play.
they just said in the live blog Luke will eventually ended up with Jessica but not yet also his show will be completley different from what he did in the JJ show

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
heard from a dude who saw the pilot at the panel that there's 2 sex scenes in the pilot and one is graphic :sas2:

jessica might be gettin it in the butt after all :shaq:

EDIT: oh and carrie ann moss is confirmed to be playing Jeryn Hogarth...it's a guy in the comics so they did a lil gender flip. Surprisingly he's an attorney for iron first in the comics that also represents luke so maybe luke introduces her to jessica or something

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
heard from a dude who saw the pilot at the panel that there's 2 sex scenes in the pilot and one is graphic :sas2:

jessica might be gettin it in the butt after all :shaq:

EDIT: oh and carrie ann moss is confirmed to be playing Jeryn Hogarth...it's a guy in the comics so they did a lil gender flip. Surprisingly he's an attorney for iron first in the comics that also represents luke so maybe luke introduces her to jessica or something

:shaq::whew:

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
•Jessica Jones, from the start, goes darker than Daredevil.
•Krysten Ritter portrays Jessica wonderfully, showing just how strong she is physically but how, in an instant, she can unravel.
•Jessica Jones is dealing with some extreme personal issues. Alcoholism being one, post-traumatic stress disorder being another. She’s being held at the seams.
•Jessica Jones presents the very first rated R scene in any Marvel show, or at least that I can think of. In two ways actual, you’ll see.
•Let’s talk about Jeryn Hogarth. In the comics, Hogarth is a male character. Obviously, Carrie-Anne Moss is not a male. Thing is, she brings such a strong presence to the screen that the character works…she reminds me best of Claire Underwood from House of Cards.
•Kilgrave is a terrifying…terrifying man. I’m not sure I’ll be able to look at David Tennant the same ever again. He’s rarely on screen and the fact he can do so much in so little screen time…I’m just afraid to see what he can do throughout a whole episode.
•As for the tone of the show, it does feel like a more dangerous sort of procedural. Think something like Luther more than Castle. It also has the noir-type music that signifies, “This is a detective show.”
•The opening credits are solid. Maybe not as good as Daredevil, but still very good.

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
"Marvel’s Cinematic Universe has always had difficulty creating villains that had the same lasting power as their heroes, acting mostly as obstacles at best and stepping stones at worst for the heroes in their paths. Here though, expect to see Tennant ascend to the same level as Tom Hiddleston’s Loki and Vincent D’onfrio’s Wilson Fisk as one of the cornerstones of villainy in the MCU."

"Jessica Jones marks another amazing notch in the belt of Marvel’s Netflix deal, exploring a world that few comic book movies and television shows have dared to enter. Without a doubt, this premier episode will reel you in hook, line, and sinker, leaving you gasping from the surprises it has in store. This fall, Jessica Jones may be the show to beat!"

"★★★★★ Excellent — One of the best pilots ever."

Jessica Jones Review: Marvel's New Series Goes Darker

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
IGN interviews from NYCC:

We talk to Jessica Jones herself about starring in the new Marvel / Netflix series and eventually becoming a Defender.

We talk to the Jessica Jones actor about what bonds his character, Malcolm, to Jessica herself.

We talk to The Matrix alum about her character in the new Marvel / Netflix series.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
More IGN interviews from NYCC:

Mike Colter Talks Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and The Defenders

The Jessica Jones actor on his character in the Marvel / Netflix series and his comic book connections.

The Jessica Jones actress on her character and how she and Jessica share a history with David Tennant's Killgrave.