tumblr_nvwkuju7jQ1ublcvko4_1280.png

tumblr_nvwkuju7jQ1ublcvko5_r1_500.png

NYCC marketing

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I dunno how i feel about this show. I was down with the rebellious and unconventional nature of Alias / J Jones, when i read the series over a decade ago.

I just wasn't down with what came after: her gettin knocked up by and marrying Luke Cage, and having him go from essentially being Black Dynamite to being tied to the hip with this becky character in a sappy marriage/parenthood schtik that isn't black excellence or anything that helps Cage be remotely interesting. IDGAF how 'cute' it is that he has to play the "i hope she aint mad at me b/c i dont want to sleep on the couch" husband trope.. that sappy shyt. Hopefully they keep things from progressing in that route and Cage's show just focuses more on making him bad ass in his own right. Of course i expect them to eventually go with that coupling... :francis: but hopefully he and Iron Fist can do their own thing for a lengthy minute or two, before all that sappy stuff starts coming into play.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
The actress not lookin like jessica and just not being that attractive to me (like a pale twig) is a bummer too, but whatever. As far as the other chick with the titties who could've been her, possibly playing someone else... like Spider Woman... it's funny b/c back when I first got on the alias books, there were those reports about how Jessica Jones was originally supposed to be Jessica Drew (i.e. Spider Woman and Bendis's favorite superheroine) but the reported rumor was Marvel didn't want their white female superhero gettin her guts rearranged and inseminated by Luke Cage...

So Bendis created his own character, gave her the same first name as Drew, same detective type job as Drew, made her teamup with Drew early in the book, and had it be revealed that Cage had smashed Drew anyway (off panel) along with She-Hulk, Tigra and a buncha other superheroines. :heh:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Has there been any update on Iron Fist at all? Marvel seems to have kept quiet on that front.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
@satam55 No idea about the panel.

@Lannister I haven't heard anything regarding iron fist, it's weird. I think they'll start filming that around the time they start rolling out promo for luke cage, like the pattern for the other three. Crane mother and the steel serpent logo were in daredevil, and matt's early costume is the same form as iron fist's costume, so I know they're not scrapping iron fist in any way. I was thinking they're waiting for mystic arts to be introduced/planted first by the Dr Strange flick, and/or drop his show around that time, so maybe they're waiting it out deliberately so it's in sync, and throwing out rumors of problems for dramatic tension...