Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
When is the opening episode?

Huh? What was unoriginal about it?
Visually it mimicked David Fincher HARD, not a big deal since if you're going to steal,might as well be from one of the best.

Big parts story and writing though was blatantly stolen from fight club. Even the creator will tell you that.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
People just keep saying it's a Fight Club rip off. Which isn't true.
:dead:

From the creator and writer himself

Were you trying to communicate that to the audience by using “Where Is My Mind”?
I’ll say this right now. I rip off of every movie and TV show I’ve ever seen in my life. I’m a film nerd. That’s what I did growing up. Other than being on the computer, I was watching TV and movies. I make no apologies. Fight Club was one of my big inspirations for the show. I think the nod or the acknowledgement with “Where Is My Mind” at the end of episode 9 was, yes, in part letting the audience know that we’re very much aware that Fight Club was an inspiration, but at the same time, we make no apologies about it. We own it. The thing is that by doing that, by making that bold choice, I think we open ourselves up to the criticism of being derivative, and that’s the challenge I take

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
:dead:

From the creator and writer himself

Were you trying to communicate that to the audience by using “Where Is My Mind”?
I’ll say this right now. I rip off of every movie and TV show I’ve ever seen in my life. I’m a film nerd. That’s what I did growing up. Other than being on the computer, I was watching TV and movies. I make no apologies. Fight Club was one of my big inspirations for the show. I think the nod or the acknowledgement with “Where Is My Mind” at the end of episode 9 was, yes, in part letting the audience know that we’re very much aware that Fight Club was an inspiration, but at the same time, we make no apologies about it. We own it. The thing is that by doing that, by making that bold choice, I think we open ourselves up to the criticism of being derivative, and that’s the challenge I take

Every fan knows this quote already. It's known fight club was a huge inspiration. But saying it was "Unoriginal" is just plain wrong.

The only "Rip off" is the whole "mr.Robot isn't real" That everyone saw coming a mile away.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Every fan knows this quote already. It's known fight club was a huge inspiration. But saying it was "Unoriginal" is just plain wrong.
Except it isn't wrong.

Season 1 wouldn't exist without fight club.

Doesn't make it a bad show.

But when your shows major plot point is directly lifted from a book/film and having a characters actions motivated by an imaginary character in his head also directly taken from the same film/book.....that's unoriginal.

So when people and Sam say you were supposed to guess the twist...its because it was obvious what story he was biting.

Beyond that,the style and writing of the show is mimicking chuck Palahniuk HARD. As a fan of his writing it's blatant.

Chuck has a very distinct style and voice. Sam esmail is doing his best impression. So far.

Last edited:

Adidacs

All Star
Daps
theories on what happened with tyrell and/or what white rose's position is?

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
Im not bumping season 1 thread so Ill post here.

"Its good. So good that it scratched the part of my mind that doesn't allow good to exist without condition"
I just started and not even 5 minutes in, I know I'll like this show.:banderas:

Edit 1: No one tell me President Walker was in this.:gladbron:

Last edited:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
It act
Im not bumping season 1 thread so Ill post here.

"Its good. So good that it scratched the part of my mind that doesn't allow good to exist without condition"
I just started and not even 5 minutes in, I know I'll like this show.:banderas:

Edit 1: No one tell me President Walker was in this.:gladbron:
It actually gets even better after the first episode. After I saw the first episode I thought it was overrated. I was wrong.