Essential The Official MMA Thread

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Is Aspinall a super diverse fighter or is the consensus just that Jon is just old and washed at this point?

He manhandled Gane easily

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
Is Aspinall a super diverse fighter or is the consensus just that Jon is just old and washed at this point?

People just don't like Jon because he's a fukk up outside the cage. But Aspinall has a quickness that you don't always see at HW. He might just catch Jones. Remember, at HW it only takes one shot.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
People just don't like Jon because he's a fukk up outside the cage. But Aspinall has a quickness that you don't always see at HW. He might just catch Jones. Remember, at HW it only takes one shot.
ofc but we've seen Jon in the ring with KO guys so it's the same level of danger as any other fight

people were making it seem like Aspinall was some prodigal contender but he just looks like a fast HW, nothing particularly unique or mindblowing, that's why i asked if people just thought Jon was washed aged wise, that's the only way i really see him losing

we've seen Jones break dudes apart in every way imaginable in the octagon, it's weird how people holding stuff outside the ring against him, he had a ton of bullshyt on his name and still got Gane outta here, none of that matters in the ring

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
we've seen Jones break dudes apart in every way imaginable in the octagon, it's weird how people holding stuff outside the ring against him, he had a ton of bullshyt on his name and still got Gane outta here, none of that matters in the ring
Most definitely. I know there's always gonna be that bit of bias on black athletes no matter who they are or what they do. DJ and Jones couldn't be more different without one of them suddenly becoming an old white lesbian, yet both get/got hate.

But I will say, Aspinall is more complete as a fighter than Game is. Also, Jones only has the one fight. Not looking at age, Jones still hasn't put in reps in years. He fights in leap years.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Most definitely. I know there's always gonna be that bit of bias on black athletes no matter who they are or what they do. DJ and Jones couldn't be more different without one of them suddenly becoming an old white lesbian, yet both get/got hate.

But I will say, Aspinall is more complete as a fighter than Game is. Also, Jones only has the one fight. Not looking at age, Jones still hasn't put in reps in years. He fights in leap years.
agreed i think he should've been retired by now but he always has huge gaps between fights

baltimore

Pro
Daps

Aspinall looking like a quick sturdy hw with ko power been clearing out hw.. jones on the other hand has been slowed down and got picky when picking hw opponents aka unproven at the weight.

Gane just got wrestled down by a tired injured non wrestler in ngannou of course they fed him to jones to give him the strap and have him wait years for an old ass stipe. Stalled moving up when ngannou was there but begs shamelessly for adesanya and pereira to come up to fight him

Doesnt mean im not waiting on the stipe v jones fight or dont give him a chance vs aspinall just some things that would give you confidence.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
So he hasn't been sparring for all these years then decides to cram as much sparring as possible in this camp when hes got this much mileage? Hes crazy talented as a fighter but not very wise
I don't understand that Dana was willing to have a chat with Chuck and Forrest, but not with Penn and now Ferguson. I just don't get it.

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
So he hasn't been sparring for all these years then decides to cram as much sparring as possible in this camp when hes got this much mileage? Hes crazy talented as a fighter but not very wise

Only just realised your username is named after Wanderlei :leon:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I don't understand that Dana was willing to have a chat with Chuck and Forrest, but not with Penn and now Ferguson. I just don't get it.
Seriously fergueson was doing questionable shyt before his decline like cutting weight twice :deadrose:
Now he out here going from the longest win streak to end up in that bj penn losing streak