THE OFFICIAL Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Thread

tr2k

All Star
Daps
:heh: somebody's gonna take this seriously.
Could This Be Star Fox's Origin?
http://www.superpolypixel.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/starfoxrocketracc00n.jpg
Posted by Marc Lacanlale | June 7, 2013
I finally got my hands on to play Marvel Heroes MMO on the PC. Since I missed the pre-order, and starter pack edition; I didn’t get all the characters. So I decided to check out the store to see what they had in stock.

KcaZqmp.png

As I scrolled through the hero list I spotted a unique character that I haven’t seen in a long time; His name, Rocket Racc00n. Just by looking at the name my mind was blown. It was good to see Marvel remembered to add him to the roster even though he’s not as popular to the likes of Iron Man.

Rocket Racc00n made his first appearance in the 70s created by Bill Mantlo and Keith Giffen. He is also a playable character in Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3. What I find interesting about Rocket Racc00n; his background matches the likes of Star Fox aka Fox McCloud.

Rocket Racc00n and Fox McCloud have a lot in common especially their appearances. Though it’s obvious that they are both different species, they do work in tandem just like parallel dimensions.

Both are guardians of their own colony. Rocket Racc00n guards the “Keystone Quadrant” while Fox guards the “Lylat System”. They are captains of their own spaceships. They have space suits and prefer using a gun when it comes to close combat. They stand on two legs instead of four with their fat tails hanging in the back. They also fight for the same cause in restoring peace, and order (which is a given). Also, they have animal companions.

Only big difference I see between the two is that Rocket Racc00n’s personality is more aggressive than Fox McCloud. Let’s just say Rocket Racc00n takes his enemies to a whole different level.

Bi41w3h.png

But, what makes it noteworthy is how all of this comes together with the ”Keystone Quadrant” colony that Rocket Racc00n protects. The colony itself is an isolated area where “animal companions” were “genetically manipulated” to give them “human abilities” to take care of the mentally loony inmates. So in other words this could be the origin to how the Star Fox universe came to fruition.

Then again that’s more of my perspective since I like to creatively think about cross overs with different universes. Such my obsession with Quantum Mechanics. If you think about it, the origin of Rocket Racc00n can be the foundation to the multitudes of video games that have animals with human abilities. Of course there are other foundations that can be developed, but if I were to choose how these animals began to have human abilities I would choose Rocket Racc00n’s story. It makes perfect sense in a really weird way.

It makes me wonder what the creators were on when they made this story. I mean, a loony place for experiments to talking animals. But then again we have Howard The Duck by George Lucas, and not to mention Animal Farm authored by George Orwell. I think they all relate to one another in many ways than my mind can fathom. But let’s not get off topic.

With that said, Marvel should think of making a video game just solely on Rocket Racc00n. Also, thanks to our editor for the added information; there is a movie coming out. I think it would do pretty damn well considering he has a bad ass mentality. Let’s just hope the director doesn’t screw it up. But why stop there? I think Marvel can even make a Smash Marvel with the amount of heroes they have made throughout the years.

It would also be nice if Marvel Heroes MMO allowed players to view a demo of each character before purchasing. 1200 points for Rocket Racc00n is tempting (1200 points = 12 bucks). That may be a lot of money for some people, but it’s worth it for the fans. But I’ll have to bite the bullet, and keep working on Daredevil till later on when I decide to make my purchases.
http://www.superpolypixel.com/could-this-be-star-foxs-origin/

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
what was the point of quoting me and posting this article?

Could This Be Star Fox's Origin?
starfoxrocketracc00n.jpg

Posted by Marc Lacanlale | June 7, 2013
I finally got my hands on to play Marvel Heroes MMO on the PC. Since I missed the pre-order, and starter pack edition; I didn’t get all the characters. So I decided to check out the store to see what they had in stock.

KcaZqmp.png

As I scrolled through the hero list I spotted a unique character that I haven’t seen in a long time; His name, Rocket Racc00n. Just by looking at the name my mind was blown. It was good to see Marvel remembered to add him to the roster even though he’s not as popular to the likes of Iron Man.

Rocket Racc00n made his first appearance in the 70s created by Bill Mantlo and Keith Giffen. He is also a playable character in Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3. What I find interesting about Rocket Racc00n; his background matches the likes of Star Fox aka Fox McCloud.

Rocket Racc00n and Fox McCloud have a lot in common especially their appearances. Though it’s obvious that they are both different species, they do work in tandem just like parallel dimensions.

Both are guardians of their own colony. Rocket Racc00n guards the “Keystone Quadrant” while Fox guards the “Lylat System”. They are captains of their own spaceships. They have space suits and prefer using a gun when it comes to close combat. They stand on two legs instead of four with their fat tails hanging in the back. They also fight for the same cause in restoring peace, and order (which is a given). Also, they have animal companions.

Only big difference I see between the two is that Rocket Racc00n’s personality is more aggressive than Fox McCloud. Let’s just say Rocket Racc00n takes his enemies to a whole different level.

Bi41w3h.png

But, what makes it noteworthy is how all of this comes together with the ”Keystone Quadrant” colony that Rocket Racc00n protects. The colony itself is an isolated area where “animal companions” were “genetically manipulated” to give them “human abilities” to take care of the mentally loony inmates. So in other words this could be the origin to how the Star Fox universe came to fruition.

Then again that’s more of my perspective since I like to creatively think about cross overs with different universes. Such my obsession with Quantum Mechanics. If you think about it, the origin of Rocket Racc00n can be the foundation to the multitudes of video games that have animals with human abilities. Of course there are other foundations that can be developed, but if I were to choose how these animals began to have human abilities I would choose Rocket Racc00n’s story. It makes perfect sense in a really weird way.

It makes me wonder what the creators were on when they made this story. I mean, a loony place for experiments to talking animals. But then again we have Howard The Duck by George Lucas, and not to mention Animal Farm authored by George Orwell. I think they all relate to one another in many ways than my mind can fathom. But let’s not get off topic.

With that said, Marvel should think of making a video game just solely on Rocket Racc00n. Also, thanks to our editor for the added information; there is a movie coming out. I think it would do pretty damn well considering he has a bad ass mentality. Let’s just hope the director doesn’t screw it up. But why stop there? I think Marvel can even make a Smash Marvel with the amount of heroes they have made throughout the years.

It would also be nice if Marvel Heroes MMO allowed players to view a demo of each character before purchasing. 1200 points for Rocket Racc00n is tempting (1200 points = 12 bucks). That may be a lot of money for some people, but it’s worth it for the fans. But I’ll have to bite the bullet, and keep working on Daredevil till later on when I decide to make my purchases.
http://www.superpolypixel.com/could-this-be-star-foxs-origin/

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Im interested in this because most of Marvels movies are entertaining, but who in the hell do these people fight? Do they take on some boss villains ive heard about?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Im interested in this because most of Marvels movies are entertaining, but who in the hell do these people fight? Do they take on some boss villains ive heard about?

They have taken on Thanos in the past. Gamora (Zoe Saldana....the green chick) is actually his adopted daughter.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I will see this but the movie doesn't look original. Like I can swear I've seen stories like this before just without talking Racc00ns and trees

krexzen

All Star
Daps
I admit I don't know much about the Guardians except for what I saw in the cartoons. They seem more comedic than what they were in the cartoons tho. The cartoons gave Starlord more of 'Cyclops' type vibe then what I'm seeing with the trailer. How is he like in the comics?

Also, Zoe Saldana and Bradley Cooper don't really seem to fit in. Since Rocket is CGI why not just go with an animated voice actor like Steve Blum.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
I admit I don't know much about the Guardians except for what I saw in the cartoons. They seem more comedic than what they were in the cartoons tho. The cartoons gave Starlord more of 'Cyclops' type vibe then what I'm seeing with the trailer. How is he like in the comics?

Also, Zoe Saldana and Bradley Cooper don't really seem to fit in. Since Rocket is CGI why not just go with an animated voice actor like Steve Blum.

Cyclops huh, you must haven't read a comic in a decade.