The Official Los Angeles (County) Discussion Thread

theoretic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Just moved back to the city I was born after 30 years on the east coast. Drove across the country in five days. :dead:

Where y'all at?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Los Angeles NAACP President Resigns Over Donald Sterling Controversy

PAUL SZOLDRA

17 MINUTES AGO 203 1

leon-jenkins-naacp-2.png

Youtube

See Also

The NAACP's Long, Strange Relationship With A Wealthy Alleged Racist

Here's Adam Silver's Historic Statement On Banning Donald Sterling For Life

Donald Sterling Is Going To Make An Obscene Amount Of Money By Being Forced To Sell The Clippers

The President of the Los Angeles branch of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People has resigned.

"Please be advised that the legacy, history and reputation of the NAACP is more important to me than the presidency," Leon Jenkins said in a statement. "In order to separate the Los Angeles NAACP and the NAACP from the negative exposure I have caused ... I respectfully resign my position as President of the Los Angeles NAACP."

Jenkins' leadership had come under increased scrutiny after a tape leaked of Los Angeles Clippers' owner Donald Sterling making racist remarks, just weeks before he was to be awarded a Lifetime Achievement Award from the NAACP. In the ensuing controversy, the group released a statement saying it would withdraw the honor.

Many viewed the award as being given due only to Sterling's charitable donations to the branch.

"It's an insignificant amount of money, and we're going to return it," Jenkins said last week in a press conference, adding that the NAACP and Sterling have had a relationship for "maybe 15-20 years."

He went on to defend Sterling's record on minorities, but called his recent remarks "devastating," according to the Los Angeles Daily News.

It wasn't the first time Sterling had said something awful. There's actually a fairly long list.

Jenkins had spearheaded the effort to award Sterling again, having given him a similar award in 2009, The New York Times reported.

The national office of the NAACP said it would develop guidelines for its branches to help them in their award selection process.

Read more: Los Angeles NAACP President Resigns - Business Insider

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
"TAKING A STAND IS NEVER CONVENIENT"

Sure it is, if u only take a stand on the internet.

Re: NAACP prez, they aint bout that life either. They are convenient revolutionaries. They play softball.
corny nikka, whats WRONG with you?

Stop all this bullshyt for a second.

The phrase was originally directed towards the clippers for not protesting that shyt when they had a chance.

You stay jocking my posts.

i guess thats what happens when you're a superior poster and the insecurity you harbor gets exposed :umad: :banderas:

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
corny nikka, whats WRONG with you?

Stop all this bullshyt for a second.

The phrase was originally directed towards the clippers for not protesting that shyt when they had a chance.

You stay jocking my posts.

i guess thats what happens when you're a superior poster and the insecurity you harbor gets exposed :umad: :banderas:

The funny thing is dude is married to a white woman. You know his father in law probably does not have him in his house