The Official Linux Thread

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know breh. I'm trying to help you but I need more info. More details please.

its for tv shows. i torrent all my tv shows to one downloads folder. I need something that will easily sort these shows into different folders. so for ray donovan, ep 3 will be downloaded to the downloads folder, but it needs to be moved to the ray donovan folder

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
its for tv shows. i torrent all my tv shows to one downloads folder. I need something that will easily sort these shows into different folders. so for ray donovan, ep 3 will be downloaded to the downloads folder, but it needs to be moved to the ray donovan folder

Ok, that's much more complex. It's still doable. The thing is that the file title must contain some identifying feature to relate it to a folder name. And you need to keep a track of shows that have a folder.

For example, you have a folder named donovan. Inside your download folder the ray donovan episode three is titled "s4e3- The Title" there is no way I can tell it belongs to a certain folder. I have to be able run a check to see if the word donovan is present inside the title.

Now, if we could access any auxiliary information it may be easier, but I don't know if any of that shows up in the terminal or how to access that.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok, that's much more complex. It's still doable. The thing is that the file title must contain some identifying feature to relate it to a folder name. And you need to keep a track of shows that have a folder.

For example, you have a folder named donovan. Inside your download folder the ray donovan episode three is titled "s4e3- The Title" there is no way I can tell it belongs to a certain folder. I have to be able run a check to see if the word donovan is present inside the title.

Now, if we could access any auxiliary information it may be easier, but I don't know if any of that shows up in the terminal or how to access that.
well all my files are always named appropriately. does that help?

cook

Banned
Daps
not sure if it works with torrents but sickbeard does what you're asking

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
whats the best way to access an ubuntu computer remotely from a windows machine?