The official LEX LUTHOR appreciation thread

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Was that Lex fukking Kara or his son? Its been like 20 years since I read the comic but for some reason I have this vague memory of them introducing a son or something at the time...

If I am remembering right that was really Lex but he was in a cloned body (I think he died from Kryptonite radiation poisoning or something) perpetrating the fraud that he was his own son.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
why does lex hate superman so much

His moivations have changed with each reboot (it went from Supes accidentilly making Lex bald as kids to Lex just being a garden variety mad scientist to not appreciating Superman supplanting him as the most powerful man in Metropolis) but the current, and best, motivation is that Lex doesn't trust Superman because he is an alien, doesn't buy that Superman wants to be Earth's prote4ctor out of the goodness of his heart and he expects Superman to try and subjugate humanity sometime in the future.
So in Lex's mind he is the hero fighting the good fight against the alien menace that has infected the planet.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
why does lex hate superman so much
2 reasons...one simple:

all-star-5-2.jpg

One complex
Lex-Luthor-man-of-steel-3.jpg

Lex luthor is THE most intelligent human on earth...he is in his eyes..the pinnacle of what man CAN be. He should be earths champion.

So...an ALIEN..whos stronger..faster..and is a HERO to earth...who has no tie..no history to earth..is treated like a DIETY...when in reality

Superman makes MAN less relevant. He represents what man CANNOT be. And he could choose to end humanity whenever he wants to....how can you live with that if you are luthor..with unparalleled money and power and intelligence?

I get it...luthor is RIGHT imo.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
His moivations have changed with each reboot (it went from Supes accidentilly making Lex bald as kids to Lex just being a garden variety mad scientist to not appreciating Superman supplanting him as the most powerful man in Metropolis) but the current, and best, motivation is that Lex doesn't trust Superman because he is an alien, doesn't buy that Superman wants to be Earth's prote4ctor out of the goodness of his heart and he expects Superman to try and subjugate humanity sometime in the future.
So in Lex's mind he is the hero fighting the good fight against the alien menace that has infected the planet.

Yup. The principal that supermans existance belittles man is another very important part of the lex/supes dichotomy

fukkyalifestyle

Superstar
Daps
@fukkyalifestyle...i felt it was key that i expand on that...read the edit.

good lookin out I could never get into superman always thought he was corny. I like this arc tho between him and lex. I am a huge batman fan so its interesting to see superman/lex and batman/joker arcs coming from same company.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
good lookin out I could never get into superman always thought he was corny. I like this arc tho between him and lex. I am a huge batman fan so its interesting to see superman/lex and batman/joker arcs coming from same company.

Superman is interesting because how other people react to him. He is a bore by himself. But the Superman/Batman comic is always good...because batman and the villians' interaction with him. How Wonder Woman somewhat loathes him, and how Captain Marvel and Martian Manhunter are probably more powerful and could destroy him but don't...Superman's relationship with Luthor, and his relationship with BRANIAC (which almost as interesting to me), the way he actually manipulates bizzarro, and how he gets manipulated and controlled by batman makes his stories great.

Because he's so bland, his arcs need to be written well. They drop the ball a lot sadly (FINAL CRISIS :comeon:....the death of Pa Kent by braniac's hand...which could've been a YEAR LONG STORY was like 1 panel) but when they don't its great.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
250px-Kryptonite.JPG

SB49p24.jpg

only he and batman keep MAD kyrptonite in all colors on DECK :heh:

Bruce and Luthor are pretty similar actually...also from lex luthor man of steel, talking about superman

lex-bruce-small.jpg

power brokers :wow:

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
Clancy Brown as Luthor >>>>>

:lawd:

We gonna leave out that work Batman gave him in No Man's Land, tho :mjpls:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
That's what makes Lex Luthor an underrated villain because Superman could kill dude but it would destroy the fragile image Earth has of him.

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
That's what makes Lex Luthor an underrated villain because Superman could kill dude but it would destroy the fragile image Earth has of him.

That's the underrated thing about Superman that no one bothers to explore. It ain't about the shyt he can do, it's about what he CAN'T do. Yeah, he can just run through his building, guards, Mercy, then get to Lex, but he CAN'T.

That limitation of what he can't do needs to be the focal point of the next movie after he throws hands Zawd this summer :lawd: