E R 11 C

Pro
Daps
Been avoiding "The Divine Move" on Netflix for the longest time. Finally got around to watching it and it was actually pretty dope. Movie lonely centered around the game GO. Worth the watch.

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
IpMan4-211x300.jpg

Despite publicly stating that Ip Man 3 was his last Ip Man film, martial arts superstar Donnie Yen (Ip Man 3, Kung Fu Jungle) never ruled out the idea of revisiting the Ip Man character for a fourth time.

During last January’s round table discussion (read it here) with our very own Zach Nix, here’s what Donnie stated: “There’s a potential for a fourth… I don’t know. So far, in Asia, we have broken a lot of records. Never say never.”

Then, a few months later at the Cannes Film Festival, apromotional poster for Ip Man 4 revealed that the 4th film was at early conceptual stages and “not to the extent of the script and given actor,” which meant that Donnie was not officially attached – at least not yet.

Today, exciting news comes from Donnie himself (via FB) that a Ip Man 4 is definitely happening: “I want to share this very excited news with you all, my good friend Wilson Yip, who had directed all of my last three Ip Man series, tonight, we have decided to reunite and continue to make our next project together, Ip Man 4! Yes, I-P-M-A-N part 4!”

For now, Donnie is currently shooting Chasing the Dragon (aka King of Drug Dealers), a film about real-life gangster Ng Sek-ho, with director Wong Jing (Mercenaries from Hong Kong) and co-director/renowned cinematographer Jason Kwan (As the Light Goes Out, Helios).

It’s unclear whether or not Ip Man 4 will be his next project in line, but given the popularity of the series, there’s a strong possibility producers are making it a priority (keep into consideration that Yen/Yip are currently working on Chasing the Dragon/Fate). As it stands, there’s a number of “in development” titles circulating with Donnie’s involvement including Wesley, City of Darkness, Dragon City and Noodle Man, not to mention the sequel to Iceman (should we even mention The Master at this point?).

Donnie has even hinted a sequel to his 2007 hit, Flash Point: “Yes. I will be producing Flash Point 2,” Yen told MAAC. We assume that he’ll be in front of the camera as well – at least we hope so.

On top of all of this, Max Zhang – the rising star of The Grandmaster, S.P.L. II and Ip Man 3 – will headline an unofficial Ip Man 3 spin-off directed by Yuen Woo-ping (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny). According to AFS, Zhang will reprise his role as Cheung Tin Chi from Ip Man 3. There’s even some speculation that Donnie may make a cameo appearance as Ip Man in the spin-off.

As always, we’ll keep you posted on Ip Man 4 and all these other projects as we hear more. For now, we can all look forward to Donnie’s appearance in the highly-anticipated Star Wars: Rogue One, which hits theaters on December 16th; as well as xXx: The Return of Xander Cage, on January 20, 2017.

For all you hardcore Donnie Yen fans, we leave you with the trailer to his 1995 TV series, Fist of Fury:

http://cityonfire.com/donnie-yen-talks-ip-man-4-and-flash-point-2/

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just finished watching Killzone 2 and overall really enjoyed it :ehh:

Sai :mjcry:

That final fight scene and sequence :banderas:, always great to see some tag team action. Had me like :lupe: towards the end.

Happy to see Netflix continues picking up the streaming rights for a lot of these martial arts flicks :obama:. I still have Ip Man 3, Protector 2, and the Crouching Tiger sequel I need to get around to watching.