The Official KKKarrion Kross Unappreciation Thread

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
Sticking to just talking about the wrestling character

the side of me that’s into the super natural weirdos with big entrances is intrigued but he really should watch 1998 Taz to see how to execute that characters move set.

He doesn’t come across like he’s “trying to hurt anyone” even though his character is to be this mma hybrid.

Shayna Comes off like she’s trying to detach people’s heads when she chokes them, there’s a level of cruelty that he needs to kick it up to with that style.

I think a part of that comes from her having a real combat sport background. One of the biggest things I think people underestimate about combat sport is the mentality necessary to thrive in it. You have to want to hurt people, to an extent.

When translating that to wrestling (a simulation of combat sport), some aspect of that has to cross over to an extent. Shayna gets it (having actually been a fighter), Kross doesn't.

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
I think a part of that comes from her having a real combat sport background. One of the biggest things I think people underestimate about combat sport is the mentality necessary to thrive in it. You have to want to hurt people, to an extent.

When translating that to wrestling (a simulation of combat sport), some aspect of that has to cross over to an extent. Shayna gets it (having actually been a fighter), Kross doesn't.

No doubt.

It’s not 1995 anymore, far too many educated fans out here to do the 80’s sleeperhold routine.

Even the most casual of casual person knows what a sunk in choke “should” look and come across like.

That’s why these cats have to be selective about what holds they use and they need to study.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
One of the biggest unstated truths of the past decade in wrestling. I've been saying that NXT is a failure as a developmental territory (not necessarily a wrestling show) for years. Only stars to come out of there are women's wrestlers, and that amounts to, what, 3 people effectively (Banks, Lynch, and Ripley)? Eddie Kingston just did an interview where he shyt on PC recruits for being wrestling know-nothings that kick down open doors, and people are trying to shyt on him for gatekeeping as if that isn't true. It's ridiculous.

As for Kross, he's a MAGA Puerto Rican. I can't imagine anything more embarrassing than that being credited to his name. Him never getting any better is kind of irrelevant in that context.

Wardlow basically said the same thing. He showed up to his PC tryout in a suit with intimate knowledge of the wrestling business, and he said they preferred football players, weightlifters, etc. that showed up wearing gym clothes to the interviews & not taking it seriously / had no background knowledge of wrestling whatsoever.

I have no god damn idea how WWE looked at Wardlow and turned him away. That guy is a superstar in waiting.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
Sticking to just talking about the wrestling character

the side of me that’s into the super natural weirdos with big entrances is intrigued but he really should watch 1998 Taz to see how to execute that characters move set.

He doesn’t come across like he’s “trying to hurt anyone” even though his character is to be this mma hybrid.

Shayna Comes off like she’s trying to detach people’s heads when she chokes them, there’s a level of cruelty that he needs to kick it up to with that style.

Ever seen this?

Brutal.

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
One of the biggest unstated truths of the past decade in wrestling. I've been saying that NXT is a failure as a developmental territory (not necessarily a wrestling show) for years. Only stars to come out of there are women's wrestlers, and that amounts to, what, 3 people effectively (Banks, Lynch, and Ripley)? Eddie Kingston just did an interview where he shyt on PC recruits for being wrestling know-nothings that kick down open doors, and people are trying to shyt on him for gatekeeping as if that isn't true. It's ridiculous.

As for Kross, he's a MAGA Puerto Rican. I can't imagine anything more embarrassing than that being credited to his name. Him never getting any better is kind of irrelevant in that context.

The biggest stars they’ve created over the last decade were all FCW/OVW alumni, which the ptb mostly had nothing to do with, or had prior experience in the independent scene. :jbhmm:

the biggest NXT creations that they built from the ground up are Braun (released), Alexa (treading water for the last 3 years), Bianca, and… that’s it.

The Horsewomen, The Shield Boys, The New Day, Asuka, etc were all either FCW holdovers that were figuring it out, or guys/girls from the indies with years already under their belts when they came in, or megastars in Japan.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
He's real dull.

HHH has a boner for him because he also thinks skulls and leather jackets are the epitome of cool.

His offense is soft and slow as hell. This is a huge strike when his whole thing is being this brutal MMA hybrid guy but all of his strikes look like he's kicking/punching through water, his submissions look like he's hugging his teddy bear before bed.

His entrance and general promo aesthetic don't at all match his in ring style and look, which is that of a Pankration fighter. Yet his entrance and Scarlett are on this eschatology bullshyt. Doesn't fit together at all.

He's built up as this giant monster guy, but that only works in NXT where all the dudes he's facing are tiny. I'm sure he's the same size or smaller than Shelton Benjamin and Shelton would never be looked at like that on the main roster despite also being much bigger than half the roster. Let alone putting him up against guys like Drew, Lashley, Orton.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
He's real dull.

HHH has a boner for him because he also thinks skulls and leather jackets are the epitome of cool.

His offense is soft and slow as hell. This is a huge strike when his whole thing is being this brutal MMA hybrid guy but all of his strikes look like he's kicking/punching through water, his submissions look like he's hugging his teddy bear before bed.

His entrance and general promo aesthetic don't at all match his in ring style and look, which is that of a Pankration fighter. Yet his entrance and Scarlett are on this eschatology bullshyt. Doesn't fit together at all.

He's built up as this giant monster guy, but that only works in NXT where all the dudes he's facing are tiny. I'm sure he's the same size or smaller than Shelton Benjamin and Shelton would never be looked at like that on the main roster despite also being much bigger than half the roster. Let alone putting him up against guys like Drew, Lashley, Orton.

We lucked out a bit that he got injured when he beat Keith Lee for the title or we would likely still be in his first reign almost year later. :scust:

Hoping it's not lasting much longer.

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
The biggest stars they’ve created over the last decade were all FCW/OVW alumni, which the ptb mostly had nothing to do with, or had prior experience in the independent scene. :jbhmm:

the biggest NXT creations that they built from the ground up are Braun (released), Alexa (treading water for the last 3 years), Bianca, and… that’s it.

The Horsewomen, The Shield Boys, The New Day, Asuka, etc were all either FCW holdovers that were figuring it out, or guys/girls from the indies with years already under their belts when they came in, or megastars in Japan.

Didn't count Braun because I couldn't remember if he ever had an NXT match, and I didn't count Alexa because she barely wrestles and is literally afraid to bump when she does. I counted Sasha and Becky because they did make significant improvements in their wrestling and significant changes to their presentation while down there. This is basically spot on, though.

When you compare Cornette-era OVW to the PC, I can't understand how they could ever consider it a success.

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Stay on his head (Vice) Queen:banderas:

He seems like someone who should have the total package :dame:. He’s not the biggest and I guess you don’t really have to be anymore, but he is larger than most of the people he’s working with. He’s got a great valet and presentation, hell, I don’t even mind his ring name, but he’s just so...boring. He’s probably the dullest big man I’ve ever seen in the ring and it’s a damn shame because of his aforementioned properties. I was honestly rooting for anyone else in the five way and that was before I found out about his views.

How is he a big man? Dude is the same height as stone cold, the rock and triple h