The official Kettlebell Thread

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps

Well the goal was to be constantly working out, rather than me subliminally finding excuses to slack off. Also, I was a bit self conscious starting off and taking breaks between sets/sessions and what's not in the middle of everyone being productive. I just figured after gaining some level of conditioning where I'm used to what I'm constantly putting my body through, gain a bit more confidence in my skill/form/stamina, then I can assimilate back into it, keep my head down (Pause) and get what I got to get and leave. But at this point, It's about comfort starting out so I can work on pushing myself out of that shyt persistently and gain knowledge/results.

Meh. Gymtimidation is real but there are tons of bums/scrubs/fatties/whatever at your level or lower at every gym.

Most folks that have a gym membership don't even go regularly, and most of the ones that do don't look like it.

99.9% of folks ain't checking for you like that in the gym. I'm a people-watcher and an elitist so I do it but it's not the norm.

Those same folks that you think might be judging you might be what you need to help you hold yourself accountable.

:ld:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Meh. Gymtimidation is real but there are tons of bums/scrubs/fatties/whatever at your level or lower at every gym.

Most folks that have a gym membership don't even go regularly, and most of the ones that do don't look like it.

99.9% of folks ain't checking for you like that in the gym. I'm a people-watcher and an elitist so I do it but it's not the norm.

Those same folks that you think might be judging you might be what you need to help you hold yourself accountable.

:ld:
^^^

WaveWhisperer

Stainless Steel
Daps
Reppin
Steel
Im hopping on the wave, i need bigger shoulders, i neglected them for so long i only started taking them seriously a year ago

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its from kettlebell swings

What size kettlebell are you using? It’s sounds like either the bell is too heavy for you or you’re not properly using your glutes/hamstrings to generate power and you’re compensating by using your arms and low back.

If you’re doing a ton of volume swings I can see some fatigue/soreness in your lower back but you shouldn’t be feeling anything in your shoulders , unless you’re doing american swings?

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
What size kettlebell are you using? It’s sounds like either the bell is too heavy for you or you’re not properly using your glutes/hamstrings to generate power and you’re compensating by using your arms and low back.

If you’re doing a ton of volume swings I can see some fatigue/soreness in your lower back but you shouldn’t be feeling anything in your shoulders , unless you’re doing american swings?

The fukk are "American Swings" and my kettlebell is 25lbs. I was doing 4 sets of 30 with 30 seconds breaks.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The fukk are "American Swings" and my kettlebell is 25lbs. I was doing 4 sets of 30 with 30 seconds breaks.
American swings are just when you swing the kb overhead rather than chest height. Sounds like with the 30 reps/30 seconds rest your body isn’t used to the volume yet, which can stress your stabilizer muscles quickly.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
American swings are just when you swing the kb overhead rather than chest height. Sounds like with the 30 reps/30 seconds rest your body isn’t used to the volume yet, which can stress your stabilizer muscles quickly.

Any recos? I really wanna do this shyt man Ive been watching videos and shyt Ive been watching that one evil Jason Statham looking mf too.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Any recos? I really wanna do this shyt man Ive been watching videos and shyt Ive been watching that one evil Jason Statham looking mf too.
I would just start with taking 1 to 1/2 minutes rest in between the 30 rep sets and see how that goes. If you notice less tightness/discomfort then lower the rest periods the next week, etc.