The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Daps
Let's see if Joe discusses this on the podcast to try and use it as ammo for not taking/negotiating the Spotify deal. Even if Spotify's big podcast investment isn't seeing huge returns yet, they would've still been getting paid.
--------------------------------------------

Spotify's big bet on podcasts is failing, Citi says
  • Spotify’s multi-million dollar bet into podcasting may not be working out, Citi analysts wrote in a note to clients Friday.
  • The idea was that by bringing exclusive content to the app, the company could strengthen its advertising business and attract Premium subscribers.
  • Investors seemed to like the message, sending the stock up 31.76% in 2019 and 110.4% in 2020.
  • But now analysts are looking for the company to show the investments were worth it.
  • “To date, we have not seen a material positive inflection in app downloads or Premium subscriptions,” the Citi analysts wrote.

I was surprised when they dropped the bag on Rogan and his stuff is still on YouTube. Not heavily or full episodes but the fact people who don't have Spotify can still get a good dose of Rogan on YouTube is an L. Michelle Obama still doing her Pod? She didn't seem like someone that would do it for many years so that may become an L.

Budden going to Soundcloud and YouTube was perfect for me. I don't have to pay for another subscription to check in.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Let's see if Joe discusses this on the podcast to try and use it as ammo for not taking/negotiating the Spotify deal. Even if Spotify's big podcast investment isn't seeing huge returns yet, they would've still been getting paid.

• Spotify’s multi-million dollar bet into podcasting may not be working out, Citi analysts wrote in a note to clients Friday.
  • The idea was that by bringing exclusive content to the app, the company could strengthen its advertising business and attract Premium subscribers.
  • Investors seemed to like the message, sending the stock up 31.76% in 2019 and 110.4% in 2020.
  • But now analysts are looking for the company to show the investments were worth it.
  • “To date, we have not seen a material positive inflection in app downloads or Premium subscriptions,” the Citi analysts wrote.
My first thought is the same as I've been saying since he turned them down. He might fukk around and miss the boom period for podcasts. I compared it to the dotcom boom where companies saw that the growth in the industry would never stop and started spending crazy amounts of money buying any and every website. Then eventually realized that they weren't getting proper return on investment and all the money dried up.

That's what I see happening with podcasts. Last couple years has been that boom period where all kinds of podcasts are getting big money. Eventually these companies may realize that the properties really aren't worth the kind of money they were investing which would leave all the companies that didn't get the contracts out in the cold when these companies stop throwing that money around.

That was my biggest reasoning of why Joe should've took the spotify deal. Strike while the iron is hot cause eventually the market will become too saturated and those same multi million dollar offers will dry the fukk up.

I think these other companies were watching Spotify to see if the investment is worth it before deciding to jump head first into investing heavily in the podcast market. Spotify struggling would only mean other companies may not want to invest big money into podcasts either which would hurt Joe as a free agent

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina

He posted this on IG
But this seems like bad news for him also
Can’t wait to see his reaction when Lebatard gets his deal

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030

Joe and the guys review the most downloaded apps of 2020 (14:32), and it looks like Joe’s getting into women’s business with the launch of a new show on the Joe Budden Network (17:27). James Harden is headed to the Brooklyn Nets to join KD & Kyrie (37:20). While this affects Joe’s roster, Mal explains why he thinks James Harden should be a 6th man (1:00:17). Joe speaks directly to entitled artists (1:04:05) and addresses Spotify’s stock slipping following analyst doubts over the company’s direction (1:32:20). As for other business dealings, Verzuz and NFL are partnering for this year’s Pro Bowl to showcase players’ position highlights (1:39:45) and Lamar Odom signs a celebrity boxing deal (1:55:20). Finally, Joe breaks down Bitcoin for dummy’s, as it reached it’s all-time high (1:04:03).
Sleeper Picks
Joe | SZA - “Good Days”
Rory | James Fauntleroy - “Take Me”
Mal | Mac Ayres - “Jumping Off The Moon”
Parks | Black Rob - “You Know What”