FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
He was just on Shannon pod. Joe won’t get him to say anything interesting
We'll see. Shannon Sharpe knows nothing about Hip Hop so I can see Joe pushing him more on topics even if they discuss the same things and talk about them both being on DJ at the same time and how that was.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Warning to the patronies subbed to the patreon thru ios/iphone. Yall might want to switch to paying thru the patreon website instead.
Did joe talk about apple/patreon fighting? :jbhmm:

He should be talking about this every pod and patreon episode(just a lil mention). Should be telling ppl to sub directly thru patreon's website if they subbing thru the app store. Looks like it may not be an issue for already subbed before thsi goes into affect maybe?

I remember paying $20 a month for youtube premium because I was subbed thru the app store instead of the youtube website. They got me for a few months before I found out they charge like $5 extra on iphones due to the apple tax :mjcry:

More context here:

Apple’s requirements

As we first announced last year, Apple is requiring that Patreon use their in-app purchasing system and remove all other billing systems from the Patreon iOS app by November 2024.

This has two major consequences for creators:

1. Apple will be applying their 30% App Store fee to all new memberships purchased in the Patreon iOS app, in addition to anything bought in your Patreon shop.
  2. Any creator currently on first-of-the-month or per-creation billing plans will have to switch over to subscription billing to continue earning in the iOS app, because that’s the only billing type Apple’s in-app purchase system supports.
Before we go any further, we want to be crystal clear about one thing: Apple’s fee will not impact your existing members. It will only affect new memberships purchased in the iOS app from November onward.

Looks like this only affects new subs made through iOS starting in November, but I'm setting a reminder to make sure I check again around that time.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
More context here:

Looks like this only affects new subs made through iOS starting in November, but I'm setting a reminder to make sure I check again around that time.
droid gang wins again

apple with the fukk shyt