The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Plenty of movies flop with A list celebrities..

Tyrese in the scheme of things is not A list as a celebrity. If you replace Tyrese with Kevin Hart in the F&F franchise you don’t think he’s getting more screen time than Tyrese is? He’d be 1C to Vin and The Rock in the those films… Tyrese in those films is a C level player. Actually without Luda I don’t know what his role would be since he plays off of his character now that Paul Walker has passed
I said Kevin Hart is an A list celebrity, He’s not an A list actor.

Same goes for Chappelle. That’s not a slight on them.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
How much money did they make though breh?

And The Rock is one of the biggest movie stars on the planet, Exclude those even though they didn’t do crazy returns either.
Blockbuster isnt based on how much a movie made. An indie film can be a hit and make hundreds of millions(Passion of the chris/paranormal activity/get out). That doesnt make it a blockbuster. shyt like Waterworld, Mulan(live action)/ God's of egypt were blockbusters and they did terrible box office wise.

I said Kevin Hart is an A list celebrity, He’s not an A list actor.

Same goes for Chappelle. That’s not a slight on them.
His bankability in movies makes him an a list actor. :yeshrug:

Silkk

Daps
Blockbuster isnt based on how much a movie made. An indie film can be a hit and make hundreds of millions(Passion of the chris/paranormal activity/get out). That doesnt make it a blockbuster. shyt like Waterworld, Mulan(live action)/ God's of egypt were blockbusters and they did terrible box office wise.

His bankability in movies makes him an a list actor. :yeshrug:
You ain't list no movies that prove that though.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
You ain't list no movies that prove that though.
Prove what? Jumanji had a 100M+ budget, marketed as a blockbuster and made 800M.
Lift was a netflix movie, had a 100M+ budget and was marketed as a blockbuster.
The fact that he gets paid like 20M a movie is a list actor money.

Bankability(profitable film)? Night School cost 30M and made 100M
Secret life of pets cost 80 and made 440.
The upside cost 37 and made 125

Borderlands will be a bomb, but critics seem to be killing Eli Roth for that.

Netflix isnt spending hundreds of millions of dollars on kevin hart because of his comedy tours.

Silkk

Daps
Prove what? Jumanji had a 100M+ budget, marketed as a blockbuster and made 800M.
Lift was a netflix movie, had a 100M+ budget and was marketed as a blockbuster.
The fact that he gets paid like 20M a movie is a list actor money.

Bankability(profitable film)? Night School cost 30M and made 100M
Secret life of pets cost 80 and made 440.
The upside cost 37 and made 125

Borderlands will be a bomb, but critics seem to be killing Eli Roth for that.

Netflix isnt spending hundreds of millions of dollars on kevin hart because of his comedy tours.
Yes they are.....He is arguably the #1 comedian in the world and has been the past decade. The Rock was the lead in Jumanji not no damn Kevin Hart :stopitslime:

If you think that Kevin Hart as an actor is on the same list as:

Will Smith
The Rock
Statham
Keanu Reeves
Denzel Washington
Brad Pitt
Captain America
Thor
Spiderman
etc.

Then aight......

Last edited:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
If you think that Kevin Hart as an actor is on the same list as:

Will Smith
The Rock
Statham
Keanu Reeves
Denzel Washington
Brad Pitt
Captain America
Thor
Spiderman
etc.

Then aight......
Yes Kevin Hart, who has grinded the film shyt, has earned the right to be on that alist level actor the same as all those ppl you mentioned. Especially the ones you couldnt even remember the actual name of so had to resort to listing the marvel character they played. Hemsworth has several bombs when he isnt playing Thor. I never said Hart was the lead in jumanji, i said he was a co lead.

Eddie Murphy wouldve been considered an A list actor even though he was a top comedian.
We can drop it, you have a wrong and very narrow definition of what defines an a list actor :yeshrug:

Silkk

Daps
Yes Kevin Hart, who has grinded the film shyt, has earned the right to be on that alist level actor the same as all those ppl you mentioned. Especially the ones you couldnt even remember the actual name of so had to resort to listing the marvel character they played. Hemsworth has several bombs when he isnt playing Thor. I never said Hart was the lead in jumanji, i said he was a co lead.

Eddie Murphy wouldve been considered an A list actor even though he was a top comedian.
We can drop it, you have a wrong and very narrow definition of what defines an a list actor :yeshrug:
You never named any movies where he was the draw and the film did big box office numbers so I think it's clear who's wrong. Saying Kevin Hart is on the same level as Will and Denzel is insanity but cool :manny:

Silkk

Daps
It's a whole ass forum to ask though, I'll make the thread in a second

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
You never named any movies where he was the draw and the film did big box office numbers so I think it's clear who's wrong. Saying Kevin Hart is on the same level as Will and Denzel is insanity but cool :manny:
The netflix film I listed was a blockbuster movie he lead and was the draw for.

It's a whole ass forum to ask though, I'll make the thread in a second
That would really do nothing. Most of them could have the wrong definition like you of what makes an a list actor :yeshrug:.

2014:
Subtitle to that heading "The frenetic funnyman is now one of Hollywood's most bankable stars"
That article was 10 years ago and he has only gotten bigger in the acting/film department. He was a top comedian who turned into an a list actor.
Your Dave Chapplle comparison is dumb because hollywood wouldnt throw money behind Dave like they have kevin even though Dave is a top comedian.

Silkk

Daps
The netflix film I listed was a blockbuster movie he lead and was the draw for.

That would really do nothing. Most of them could have the wrong definition like you of what makes an a list actor :yeshrug:.

2014:
Subtitle to that heading "The frenetic funnyman is now one of Hollywood's most bankable stars"
That article was 10 years ago and he has only gotten bigger in the acting/film department. He was a top comedian who turned into an a list actor.
Your Dave Chapplle comparison is dumb because hollywood wouldnt throw money behind Dave like they have kevin even though Dave is a top comedian.
Thread is made. We'll see