The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Sorta related, this pod could be so much bigger if they were more structured/organized. Especially if they took the sports and movie/tv review shyt seriously.
I know Gilbert Arenas is seen as a joke, but he really isnt when it comes to contract. He recently broke down some contract stuff. First, he said his 110M contract he got in the NBA, he negotiated that himself. When it comes to the gil's arena stuff he negotiated the contract himself for the most part. It's a 50/50 partnership with underdog fantasy. Gil owns all his stuff. He leases his youtube channel to Underdog (They pay him $1 per sub he has). He has a 50/50 revenue split. Underdog handles employees/catering/ etc. They pay Gil twice. One salary for being on the show and pay his company the revenue split. He also has in the contract he has the right to create more shows, he bout to have 2-3 of his hosts have their own shows.

Cam and Mase in like 8 months, secures a $40M deal with Gil helping them with negotiations. In neither deal are any of them exclusive to one platform. shyt being exclusive means you get more money. I dont think there was any reason Joe shouldnt have had the same leverage at the height of the JBP to make the same demands. Joe and Ian had to fumble so hard and just crashed the negotiating. I know Joe said Spotfiy offered 20-30M, that seems low. He also said they wanted whatever parks/mal/rory made as a 360 deal. I think he telling a half truth here, to make himself look good. Spotfiy probaly just wanted first right to refusal to w/e anyone of the pod made. Meaning if they create a show and Spotify thinks it good, they have the right to put it on there. If not the talent can shop the deal elsewhere. But the deal wouldnt be a 360, it would mimic the terms of the main show. It's the same stuff these streamers do with overall deals with writers/directors.

Yecht

Superstar
Daps
Sorta related, this pod could be so much bigger if they were more structured/organized. Especially if they took the sports and movie/tv review shyt seriously.
I know Gilbert Arenas is seen as a joke, but he really isnt when it comes to contract. He recently broke down some contract stuff. First, he said his 110M contract he got in the NBA, he negotiated that himself. When it comes to the gil's arena stuff he negotiated the contract himself for the most part. It's a 50/50 partnership with underdog fantasy. Gil owns all his stuff. He leases his youtube channel to Underdog (They pay him $1 per sub he has). He has a 50/50 revenue split. Underdog handles employees/catering/ etc. They pay Gil twice. One salary for being on the show and pay his company the revenue split. He also has in the contract he has the right to create more shows, he bout to have 2-3 of his hosts have their own shows.

Cam and Mase in like 8 months, secures a $40M deal with Gil helping them with negotiations. In neither deal are any of them exclusive to one platform. shyt being exclusive means you get more money. I dont think there was any reason Joe shouldnt have had the same leverage at the height of the JBP to make the same demands. Joe and Ian had to fumble so hard and just crashed the negotiating. I know Joe said Spotfiy offered 20-30M, that seems low. He also said they wanted whatever parks/mal/rory made as a 360 deal. I think he telling a half truth here, to make himself look good. Spotfiy probaly just wanted first right to refusal to w/e anyone of the pod made. Meaning if they create a show and Spotify thinks it good, they have the right to put it on there. If not the talent can shop the deal elsewhere. But the deal wouldnt be a 360, it would mimic the terms of the main show. It's the same stuff these streamers do with overall deals with writers/directors.

You are forgetting that Joe only has 1 speed, and it's self destruction. That residual dust still Harlem shaking in his brain... he is the modern day CantGetRight

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Joe about to fall back once he sees Birdman is involved. Then he go with "im done commenting on rappers"

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Joe, Joe, Joe lol.

Breh must have heard his son listening to TV or something to give it up all extra aggressive

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I do think Mel dove off the deep end talking about Cam and Mase, but Cam does need to grow up. Those type of stories aren’t meant for that type of platform (or any platform honestly).

I don’t care how “too raw for tv” he wants the show to be, it’s immature for a 50 year old man to be that vulgar about his escapades, especially sitting next to a 22 year old female co-host. I’m sure one of the producers told him clean it up after that