The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Yo, does anyone know what is Ish's beef with Nas? He has an obvious hate for this man. It reeks like Nas' smashed his chick.

I noticed it when they brought up Nas performing at the Dave Chappelle show. Mel had made a comment about Nas being attractive a number of pods ago and Ish brought it back up and made a slick comment about it.

this shyt sounds personal

He took the Nas Jay beef personal and chose a side and rode with it for life it seems. None of them outside of Parks truly give Nas his props. They say he's dope but they never truly give him his flowers.

I remember that period.

The hardcore hip-hop "heads" tended to take Nas side.

The brothers who thought they knew something about business and the corporate world tended to take Jay's side.
The Nas fandom on this site does not reflect life

People like him and understand he’s a legend but his music didn’t resonate with the rest of hiphop fans like it did with his stans.

Outside of parks they think it’s ridiculous that Nas is compared to jay z because most rap fans don’t listen to Nas anywhere near as much as they listen to jay

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA

People like him and understand he’s a legend but his music didn’t resonate with the rest of hiphop fans like it did with his stans.

Outside of parks they think it’s ridiculous that Nas is compared to jay z because most rap fans don’t listen to Nas anywhere near as much as they listen to jay

Lol Ish is a mindless Jay-Z stan who's stuck in the 90s. If you mean that hip hop fans mostly give takes about music/artists they don't listen to, then you have a point. He's on a podcast where they review music, and he purposely doesn't listen to Nas music. What that shows is his opinion on Nas is invalid and based on hate versus a critique of the music. Real hip hop opinions are closer to Parks, Ice and Joe

• Dap

Mike18jj

Veteran
Daps
Catching up on the latest episodes and it's funny how ice was the number one twitter troll, but gets so sensitive at any criticism towards him.

Like before the pod he use to be known for saying foul shyt to celebrities for attention on twitter, but nobody can't say shyt to him.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Lol Ish is a mindless Jay-Z stan who's stuck in the 90s. If you mean that hip hop fans mostly give takes about music/artists they don't listen to, then you have a point. He's on a podcast where they review music, and he purposely doesn't listen to Nas music. What that shows is his opinion on Nas is invalid and based on hate versus a critique of the music. Real hip hop opinions are closer to Parks, Ice and Joe
People shyt on artist they don’t listen to all the time. My point is that Ish feelings and the pod discussion of Nas is the more normal opinion of him compared to this site.

Nas music wasn’t the soundtrack to most hiphop heads lives. He wasn’t played in social settings. His albums weren’t played at kickbacks.

He’s respected for his skill.

gldnone913

Daps
Reppin
VA
People shyt on artist they don’t listen to all the time. My point is that Ish feelings and the pod discussion of Nas is the more normal opinion of him compared to this site.

Nas music wasn’t the soundtrack to most hiphop heads lives. He wasn’t played in social settings. His albums weren’t played at kickbacks.

He’s respected for his skill.

The way Ish discusses Nas and the way the rest of the pod discuss him are polar opposites, but I hear ya. The bold is subjective, as I've heard otherwise. Hell, Vince just mentioned Nas getting play when he was in elementary school.

• Dap

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
The way Ish discusses Nas and the way the rest of the pod discuss him are polar opposites, but I hear ya. The bold is subjective, as I've heard otherwise. Hell, Vince just mentioned Nas getting play when he was in elementary school.
I may be misremembering, but wasnt it just that "I know I can song" because he had kids as the chorus? Dat one song was popular and kid friendly/uplifting, so yea that will get play. It wasnt like they was playing nas songs at the games/pep rallys.

iirc Kodak also mentioned that song as well. It was when he was going at 21 for saying Nas not relevant.

Fake edit:

gldnone913

Daps
Reppin
VA
I may be misremembering, but wasnt it just that "I know I can song" because he had kids as the chorus? Dat one song was popular and kid friendly/uplifting, so yea that will get play. It wasnt like they was playing nas songs at the games/pep rallys.

iirc Kodak also mentioned that song as well. It was when he was going at 21 for saying Nas not relevant.

Fake edit:

Yes, that's the song. I forgot Kodak mentioned it, but Cordae mentioned the song as well. So to the point of Nas making the soundtrack for hip hop heads, that's subjective. I don't know how old you are, but I was past pep rallies when God's Son dropped :manny: , so I'll defer to you for that.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Yes, that's the song. I forgot Kodak mentioned it, but Cordae mentioned the song as well. So to the point of Nas making the soundtrack for hip hop heads, that's subjective. I don't know how old you are, but I was past pep rallies when God's Son dropped :manny: , so I'll defer to you for that.
I was in high school when God's Son dropped. I brought up pep rallys because you mentioend Vince said he was getting play in elementary. Also I wouldnt call him having one song as being the "soundtrack to hip hop heads" :manny:

Either way, I would say Nas is in the "soundtrack to hip hop heads" just on skill and talent tho.

Last edited:

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Stop. You don't engage like this in real life so please don't tell me about real life. Are you identifiable on your local hip-hop scene?