The Official James Webb Space Telescope Thread

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...
In the meantime, lettuce appreciate what Hubble gave us.

Webb has big shoes to fill!
i'll drink to that.... may mankind colonize the stars someday....

images

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I've been anticipating this for over 3 years.

I don't think people realize that nature of where this telescope will be placed. This mission has a high probability to fail and decades of development and billions of dollars especially wasted.

When the Hubble first launched, it sent back blurred images. They had to send people up to fix it.

If this telescope sends back blurred images, you can't do nothing because it will be over a million miles away from the planet.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I've been anticipating this for over 3 years.

I don't think people realize that nature of where this telescope will be placed. This mission has a high probability to fail and decades of development and billions of dollars especially wasted.

When the Hubble first launched, it sent back blurred images. They had to send people up to fix it.

If this telescope sends back blurred images, you can't do nothing because it will be over a million miles away from the planet.

I don't know about the bold, and I definitely hope not! It is risky obviously and cannot be repaired for the reasons you stated. If it does fail, we know who's eating that L...

20190814_MG_9402_0.jpg

:francis:

But for real, I'm thinking positively. They'd delay it again if they had even an inkling of something going wrong. It's gonna work damnit. And humanity will be better off for it.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I don't know about the bold, and I definitely hope not! It is risky obviously and cannot be repaired for the reasons you stated. If it does fail, we know who's eating that L...

20190814_MG_9402_0.jpg

:francis:

But for real, I'm thinking positively. They'd delay it again if they had even an inkling of something going wrong. It's gonna work damnit. And humanity will be better off for it.

Just opening the thing up fully requires a bunch of individual moves. And the reason why it's taken so long to launch is because of the size of it, and the fact that if something goes wrong, they can't do anything to fix it.

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
oh well.... there is a large leap from a type I civilization to a type II civilization... to be truthful, we haven't even truly reached type I civilization status yet.... we have a long, long way to go.... brew approves of this delay... we have one shot to get this right so let's take as much time as needed so we do get it right...

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
Dec 22 is the current date, not the 18th.
thank you for the correction.... here's the comment the content creator put on youtube: PS: We know that the launch has been delayed again, but the video production started 3 weeks ago, and unfortunately in the meantime some information may become obsolete! We hope you enjoyed it though.

hopefully it launches on 12/22, but i'm okay with further delays if the delay improves the chances of success....

p.s.: props on the thread... too many threads in hl are about politics, there are other subjects we need to explore as well...