The official How To Get Away With Murder thread #queenviola

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I thought they were pulling some Lost alternate timelines stuff at first when I thought was Wes was at the funeral and everyone ages except him. Went on IG and found out it’s his son. Knew something was weird when he didnt recognize the two gay dudes though.

Selena

Pro
Daps
Series finale :mjcry:

Happy Annalise beat her case and was able to live a full life :mjcry:

Heartbroken she lost Bonnie and Frank :mjcry:

My exact feelings. Anna was the only person on the show who never killed anyone so she deserved her proper ending. Just wish at least Frank could've lived but knew as soon as he found out his parentage he'd be suicidal. Shocked about Bonnie also.

Btw does anyone know why Connor still went to prison? I thought if Annnalise won the case, no one would have to serve time?

Nino Soprano

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bmore
Did Tiegan put the hit out on Laurel father?

Are we suppos3d to assume the governor will be investigated for Asher murder?

based on the convo between Laurel and Teagan, i assume Teagan put the hit out so they can get pop’s money

the governor was at the courthouse meeting with the AG before she got popped so she was prolly gonna be investigated

i liked the finale...good finish to the series...story went as far as it could go

The Villain

Superstar
Daps
Did her and Teegan end up together?

i didnt see her at the funeral :patrice:

Yeah so I guess that was the whole bit with the handholding and then one faded away. There's also a clip of an older looking Annalise with what I guess is an older Tegan out at a dance club.
So it seems like they lived a happy life together before Tegan passed.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Hmm.

So no Makayla or Tiegan at the funeral.

Was that her old gf giving the eulogy?

No Nate at the funeral...even tho he got away with killing Bunnies by.

Connor and Oliver stay together.... didn't it seem like Christopher didn't know tgem?.... So Laurel didn't really keep them in her life? .... she totally cut off Makayla?....

Did Tiegan put the hit out on Laurel father?

Are we suppos3d to assume the governor will be investigated for Asher murder?

What happened to FakeWes? He just took off? Did he ever graduate? Did Frank ever mention to him he's his half brother?

Did Makayla and Conno and Oliver ever officially graduate?

Probably makes sense that Bonnie and Frank died together. They wouldn't have been the same without each other.

Overall, I lived this show.

Viola Davis was a perfect choice for the role.

Yea Eve was Annie's first GF giving the eulogy.

Everyone cut off Makayla.

No Nate at the funeral makes sense. It was clear Nate was completely done with Annie even though he did the right thing at the end. This also brings it back full circle to Nate being the only one getting away with murder which is karma since Annie framed him for a crime he didn't do in the first place.

Looking back at the convo between Tegan and Laurel i think it's safe to assume they got Laurel's dad lined up and split the money. Probably revenge for Laurel's dad killing Laurel's mom(I'm drawing a blank right now on their names lol.)

No Tegan at the funeral could be interpreted in many different ways. I would say it's clear that they at the very least experienced with the idea of being together. How far that went is anyone's guess. Some people on twitter think Tegan's feelings for Annie were so strong that she couldn't bare to go to the funeral to begin with. Some people think sometime down the line Annie pushed her away like she does all her lovers. Some people think Tegan just died before Annie since Tegan should still of been practicing law after everything ended which means she was still a target for people. It's very open to interpretation and i think that was the idea all along.

Were to assume that after Bonnie/Frank died Annie only stayed in contact with Laurel and Christopher. Maybe Connor and Oliver once Connor got out of jail. But it's clear Annie played a huge part in Christopher's life since Christopher called Annie her "Mentor" at the end. Seeing as how Christopher didn't know Connor/Oliver I'm assuming after Connor got out of jail he and Oliver just started fresh and left everything else behind them.

The gov is dead.

Gabriel(Fake Wes) I'm just gonna assume took the cash and made sure he and his mom was set. Frank and Gabriel are brothers but Frank never told that to Gabriel. Look at it as one last good deed Frank did before he shot the gov.

They can't stop Makayla and Connor from getting their diplomas but im sure they never walked down the aisle.

The unanswered questions we never got were

Who killed Emmit(Though I think it’s safe to assume it was Xavier)
Why did Laurel have marks on her arm after visiting her mom.
What did Laurel's mom mean when she told Laurel (You'll see Wes again)

All of these are small though in the grand scheme of things. The main questions we got answers for.

Last edited:

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
Yea Eve was Annie's first GF giving the eulogy.

Everyone cut off Makayla.

No Nate at the funeral makes sense. It was clear Nate was completely done with Annie even though he did the right thing at the end. This also brings it back full circle to Nate being the only one getting away with murder which is karma since Annie framed him for a crime he didn't do in the first place.

Looking back at the convo between Tegan and Laurel i think it's safe to assume they got Laurel's dad lined up and split the money. Probably revenge for Laurel's dad killing Laurel's mom(I'm drawing a blank right now on their names lol.)

No Tegan at the funeral could be interpreted in many different ways. I would say it's clear that they at the very least experienced with the idea of being together. How far that went is anyone's guess. Some people on twitter think Tegan's feelings for Annie were so strong that she couldn't bare to go to the funeral to begin with. Some people think sometime down the line Annie pushed her away like she does all her lovers. Some people think Tegan just died before Annie since Tegan should still of been practicing law after everything ended which means she was still a target for people. It's very open to interpretation and i think that was the idea all along.

Were to assume that after Bonnie/Frank died Annie only stayed in contact with Laurel and Christopher. Maybe Connor and Oliver once Connor got out of jail. But it's clear Annie played a huge part in Christopher's life since Christopher called Annie her "Mentor" at the end. Seeing as how Christopher didn't know Connor/Oliver I'm assuming after Connor got out of jail he and Oliver just started fresh and left everything else behind them.

The gov is dead.

Gabriel(Fake Wes) I'm just gonna assume took the cash and made sure he and his mom was set. Frank and Gabriel are brothers but Frank never told that to Gabriel. Look at it is one last good deed Frank did before he shot the gov.

They can't stop Makayla and Connor from getting their diplomas but im sure they never walked down the aisle.

The unanswered questions we never got were

Who killed Emmit
Why did Laurel have marks on her arm after visiting her mom.
What did Laurel's mom mean when she told Laurel (You'll see Wes again)

All of these are small though in the grand scheme of things. The main questions we got answers for.

Thanks.

The last 15 min moved kinda fast.

So everyone cut off Makayla because of her new deal?

Her and her dad were interesting characters, just wish there was more clarity.

I was kinda hoping for a Bonnie Frank spinoff but guess that ain't happening.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Thanks.

The last 15 min moved kinda fast.

So everyone cut off Makayla because of her new deal?

Her and her dad were interesting characters, just wish there was more clarity.

I was kinda hoping for a Bonnie Frank spinoff but guess that ain't happening.

Not necessarily because of the deal(although im sure that was reason enough for Oliver to cut her off)

But because Makayla went through with testifying against Annie. Even Nate backed down from testifying against her. It's kinda poetic. Both Annie and Tegan were the 2 woman Makayla idolized the most and she betrayed both of them.

But that's just who Makayla is. Doesn't matter who u are. She's always gonna choose herself due to how hard she fought to make it out from her childhood so it's hard to root against her.

I would say its safe to assume she had a very successful career after all this was over but the last scene it showed her crying with a bottle so she's probably alone.

Im hoping for a Tegan spinoff myself.

Last edited:

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
Honestly the most satisfying series finale I can think of for shows I've watched.

Glad I didn't see this thread, the flash forward of Wes being Christopher never even crossed my mind. I was so focused on some fukkery, the most obvious thing didn't even hit.

Frank and Bonnie going at the same time was heartbreaking, but also necessary for Annalise to really move on. They got to go together and for the characters themselves, I loved that as well. I really felt for Frank in those last scenes, dude looked so fukked up. Actor did a great job.

Connor and Oliver really fukked me up. I'm watching this with my wife and to see the whole scene with Connor divorcing him out of guilt for what he turned him into and then seeing them together at the funeral, it legit brought some tears.

Seeing Connor and Makayla go at it, basically putting white privileged guilt versus black resilience was a nice theme as well. Makayla finally became Annalise while Annalise finally accepted being Anna May was dope.

I didn't need or want to see Mama Cicely die though. They could've left that out. :mjcry:

Viola letting her soul out for that jury and Christopher in front the classroom :banderas:

Nate all smiles at the end, getting that Lahey Justice :banderas:

Just a lot of good. Wrapped it up nicely. I wish more shows took this much care and attention to how they end.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
My mind is blown just fukkery after fukkery. They went all out with this last season :ohhh:

Dont care what anyone says. One of the best series I ever watched :hubie:

Last edited:

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Re-watching the series

I forgot when she smacked the white privilege out of that cac :laff:

InexperiencedFastAfricanfisheagle-size_restricted.gif

:banderas:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I stopped watching years ago and decided to binge watch now that I’m on leave. Sh*t had me in my feelings :mjcry: Asher was a snitch but, he didn’t deserve to die like that. Mikaela talked about her father but, she’s just as self serving as he was and ended up cut off from her friends. Connor and Oliver was sad. Homie went to jail over nothing and I’m pretty sure his law career was over. Bonnie and Frank were incredibly flawed but they had fukked up things happen to them. At least Frank protected them by taking out the Governor and making sure his little brother had a fresh start. Annalise’s not guilty verdict gave me chills. Hopefully Annalise and Tegan got to spend their life together judging from all the hands she was holding at the end. Laurel and Nate were the only ones who stayed true :wow: Nate got his center and Laurel got to raise Christopher in peace. Had me in my feels when Christopher was greeting the class with Annalise in the crowd :mjcry:

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mississauga
Just now watching this show lol. Last night I watched the first 6 episodes. Ive heard about this show since day 1 but never cared. Viola and Laurel :shaq:

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
A certain death that happened during season 3 I think was very unnecessary and pure shock value