The official How To Get Away With Murder thread #queenviola

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Show was pretty good. Pilot was interesting, moved really fast, had some interesting characters, good dialogue for the most part and Viola Davis...:banderas:

The scene where she was touching homie from Harry Potter and apologizing to him and just feeling son up? :whew: He's got more willpower than I do

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Like what though? I havent seen a good network tv show in a long ass time. Other than hannibal and i only liked the 2nd season of that.

Obviously this is all subjective but in my mind:

Person of Interest is a good show on CBS
Elementary is a good show on CBS
The Goldbergs on ABC
Modern Family (not so much now but the first few seasons. It's hit and miss now)
Shield has picked up steam and become a much better show
Sleepy Hollow on Fox

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

The Goldbergs on ABC
Modern Family (not so much now but the first few seasons. It's hit and miss now)
Sleepy Hollow on Fox

:ohhh:

puking_brian.gif

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang

The Goldbergs on ABC
Sleepy Hollow on Fox

You my breh, but that is some terrible tv. Any show on CBS is pure :trash:

Your comment for this show reminded me why I am losing interest in this. Way too dramatic, just weird interactions. I have yet to see a who done it type show, where I am satisfied with the ending (the Killing:comeon:)

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You my breh, but that is some terrible tv. Any show on CBS is pure :trash:

Your comment for this show reminded me why I am losing interest in this. Way too dramatic, just weird interactions. I have yet to see a who done it type show, where I am satisfied with the ending (the Killing:comeon:)

Meh I disagree breh. Person of Interest is kinda dope and those shows are funny to me :whoknows:

And I think this is a long form storytelling show so the real mystery will be resolved at the end of the season. Did you watch it and thought it was garbage or just judging off of the comments

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Meh I disagree breh. Person of Interest is kinda dope and those shows are funny to me :whoknows:

And I think this is a long form storytelling show so the real mystery will be resolved at the end of the season. Did you watch it and thought it was garbage or just judging off of the comments

Oh I did watch it. I don't like Shonda Rimes work, I really have given all her shows a chance. That scene you described was so fukken weird, and ol'boy has :dwillhuh: face through out the whole episode. Everything was so dramatic. :manny: Like I said, I might binge watch it at the end of the season.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Oh I did watch it. I don't like Shonda Rimes work, I really have given all her shows a chance. That scene you described was so fukken weird, and ol'boy has :dwillhuh: face through out the whole episode. Everything was so dramatic. :manny: Like I said, I might binge watch it at the end of the season.

Her shows have a soap opera bent to them which irritates the fukk out of me at times although I've never watched a single episode of grey's anatomy but I suspect it's the same way. Scandal is the exact same way but this is written much better than Scandal. I guess the only reason I liked that scene is because Viola is bad as fukk so I can live with it

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Viola commands every scene like no other:whew: The premise of the show reminds me of Matlock:myman: There was ep when he taught at a college:lupe:, where a group of law students commits a murder:ld:, and his daughter ends up solving it:ufdup: I like the Damage flashback technique they're using:jawalrus: And, I loved how Annalise got her Black side piece:whoo: to throw his shady-doctering-Pigs in the bushes:heh: About her CaC husband, well he ain't breathin' no more:skip: I hope this show delivers in the end:patrice:, cuz I heard Shonda's other shows have a way of getting hammy:ehh:

Last edited:

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked the pilot. I'm always a fan of criminal justice/courtroom dramas and and the addition of first year law students seems like a good combo.

Also :salute: to 4 of the 5 main characters being minorities. Seems like a more common direction with TV lately (Brooklyn Nine-Nine is one that comes to mind). If they continue this it will be the norm

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
watched it on Hulu

actually decent:lupe:

except for the gay shyt already in the 1st episode

and why the black female student gotta be a bytch but the white female is a sweet girl:mjpls:

plot kinda out there with 1st yr law students working on a prof. live fukking case and shyt:what:

but all tv shows have unrealistic plots so...