The Official "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3" Thread

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Deadline says marvel never even reached out to anyone else to direct. So yeah this was always the plan. Like someone said, the move was probably to make sure the merger went through then bring him back in the fold.

On one hand, man it pays to not have melanin in this world. On the other hand, dude got his hustle on. Took a job across town, gets to do that job first, and then do this one second.

Him, Brock, and sable need to teach a class on finessing old white men
I would respect Disney more if they were just like "Dude said some dumbass shyt, but we ain't fukking up this paper:hubie:" than to go through with firing dude and pretending like they care. I think that's more offensive than anything.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
If it had been Ryan Coogler who made those tweets his career woulda been totally destroyed. Instead, Gunn gets TWO big budget franchises to helm...

Oh to be white in this world:snoop:

The test case is Kevin Hart I guess, and how his career goes from here. That said, the solution to this dichotomy isn't to make the same mistake of overreaction towards everyone, but rather to more equally apply the forgiveness shown Gunn.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
I was hoping they would can Trash of the Galaxy :wow:
A man can only dream :ohlawd:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Someone watched Captain Marvel and the trash soundtrack, and said get Gunn's ass back :russ:

Seriously though, I think they were in a hard place with where they were going after Endgame, because that's how involved he was with the whole cosmic side of things. Granted, this just says that he's rehired for Guardians 3. It could very well be a one and done.

I have a rebuttal for that, that I’ve learned from certain DC stans:lolbron:

But I’m gonna digress:mjlol:

Martha

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
He didn't finesse shyt :dead:

Yeah he did. He went across town to the distinguished competition, got a high profile job, then got welcomed back into the fold for Marvel and they're acquiescing to him, letting him get to guardians 3 after he's done with suicide squad. Whether you like the man or not even like the franchise, that's unprecedented.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I would respect Disney more if they were just like "Dude said some dumbass shyt, but we ain't fukking up this paper:hubie:" than to go through with firing dude and pretending like they care. I think that's more offensive than anything.

Yeah because clearly they didn't care and obviously they cared less because of the person who started the shyt to begin with.
From the beginning, they should've just said what you said they should say:russ:

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
DC is a fool if they let him do SS2 knowing he’s going back to Marvel for a bigger, much more important movie

But yeah, they did a David Stern/Michael Jordan type of lookout deal with him