The Official Grand Theft Auto 5 Thread (SPOILERS)

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
do you guys not understand how significant GTAIV was in terms of the future direction of R* games? To get 'San Andreas with updated graphics,' they had to work with new technologies and lay down a new foundation upon which they could further build on, which is exactly what GTAIV has been. Think about all the new features and ideas that have been made since GTAIV; think about the expansions (TBoGT, TLaD), red dead redemption, max payne, and LA noire (not R*, but they were still publishers), and what exactly all these advances mean for what we can expect in GTA V.

There was a lot missing from GTAIV, but it was not because R* forgot how to do their fukking jobs, brehs. I guarantee you R* could have given us some cartoony shyt like Saints Row 1 easily, but evidently, they're so much more ambitious than that. To firmly establish themselves in the next generation of consoles, they released GTA IV in 2008, and now in 2013, it looks like everything is finally beginning to come together for the absolute best in GTA V.

Rockstar, one of the GOATs in the industry.:salute:

*cue epic music*

Because it was the game we deserved....but not the one we needed at the time :wow:

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Yeah GTA IV was sufficient.... It is like the GTA 3 of the next gen... Just the basics... Then you expect it to improve from there... Like no one complained that there were not gang wars in gta3 like there was in gta2 :manny:

And I get it that people hated the dating/friends aspect of the show, but I definitely enjoyed the perks you get with each friend/girlfriend once their like category is at 70%

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
1372959513-jimmy.jpg

:heh:

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
do you guys not understand how significant GTAIV was in terms of the future direction of R* games? To get 'San Andreas with updated graphics,' they had to work with new technologies and lay down a new foundation upon which they could further build on, which is exactly what GTAIV has been. Think about all the new features and ideas that have been made since GTAIV; think about the expansions (TBoGT, TLaD), red dead redemption, max payne, and LA noire (not R*, but they were still publishers), and what exactly all these advances mean for what we can expect in GTA V.

There was a lot missing from GTAIV, but it was not because R* forgot how to do their fukking jobs, brehs. I guarantee you R* could have given us some cartoony shyt like Saints Row 1 easily, but evidently, they're so much more ambitious than that. To firmly establish themselves in the next generation of consoles, they released GTA IV in 2008, and now in 2013, it looks like everything is finally beginning to come together for the absolute best in GTA V.

Rockstar, one of the GOATs in the industry.:salute:

Bu bu bu but the Last of Us. :lupe:

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

if this pic aint real. i dont know what is. white boy, game controller in hand, headset on probably playing COD. Guitar in the corner cause he messes around from time to time. posters all over the wall, open bag of chips, slice of pizza, bong, nudy mag, with the bikini poster behind him. and then his annoying sister comes in, just like L.A. a chick with short shorts on and some ugs..looking stupid.

hol up, i just noticed.. the UP & Atom cup . rockstar is hilarious.

rockstar knows how to stay true

in_n_out_burger.jpg

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
the controls felt fine for me :manny:
I remember being a Beast at it on my PS2:rip: ..but now that I've been on The 360 for so long it just felt so Foreign to me. I couldn't get used to it, tried it again a couple times and just gave up.:yeshrug:

$15 Wasted but I just couldn't Deal.

Thought it Broke my System when I Launched it and it Signed me Off, never had that happen to me. Good Game though...

Ze Pequeno

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Lost Angels
if this pic aint real. i dont know what is. white boy, game controller in hand, headset on probably playing COD. Guitar in the corner cause he messes around from time to time. posters all over the wall, open bag of chips, slice of pizza, bong, nudy mag, with the bikini poster behind him. and then his annoying sister comes in, just like L.A. a chick with short shorts on and some ugs..looking stupid.

hol up, i just noticed.. the UP & Atom cup . rockstar is hilarious.

rockstar knows how to stay true

in_n_out_burger.jpg

I can't take it breh. the wait is too long, ima say fukk school, my girl and my job when this shyt drops.
the last game I ever was fiendin for this hard was San Andreas.

in and out is the shyt btw

ThePsydeFX

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Game is what, 2 months away and still no gameplay footage? :ld:

AND WHEN HAS A GTA game shown any direct gameplay since GTA 3? I didn't know what iv looked liked until it leaked.

Either way R* said they might show gameplay in September according to their community rep.