The Official Grand Theft Auto 5 Thread (SPOILERS)

Hater

R.I.P
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
New Screenshots:

5NrvG2i.jpg

g92OA41.jpg

wnBl0CM.jpg

6pmSvOS.jpg

6cb4JiB.jpg

E6sRnkV.jpg

Iq96qJl.jpg

wJ42B4I.jpg

Q5plUAy.jpg

BoUeUZi.jpg

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
rumoured features

Features

-You can buy property; houses, garages, businesses and marinas can all be purchased for extra revenue sources.

-You can pick up hitchikers, do stunt jumps and flying challenges, take part in yoga, golf, tennis, bike races and triathlons.

-iFruit, the game's new phone, can be used to snap pictures and upload them to Rockstar's Social Club

-The phone also has apps. In addition to the camera there is internet, contacts, social media, a calendar, and a replay missions app. There are three more Rockstar hasn't yet revealed.
-A combat roll has been introduced for moving between cover

-Liquor store and ATM robberies is possible.
Side missions will be making a return. One would involve Michael in Vinewood Boulevard racing a starlet away from the paparazzi.

-Citizens will react to what you do, and if they see you robbing someone they could alert the police, film you, or even try to take you down themselves.
Hunting animals.

Customization

Player customization - tattoos, haircuts, clothing
Vehicle customization - paintjobs, wheels, window tints, grills, spoilers, along with robust performance upgrades to suspension, engine, brakes, and more that make meaningful changes to the way vehicles feel and handle

9aocv7.jpg

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
rumoured features

Features

-You can buy property; houses, garages, businesses and marinas can all be purchased for extra revenue sources.

-You can pick up hitchikers, do stunt jumps and flying challenges, take part in yoga, golf, tennis, bike races and triathlons.

-iFruit, the game's new phone, can be used to snap pictures and upload them to Rockstar's Social Club

-The phone also has apps. In addition to the camera there is internet, contacts, social media, a calendar, and a replay missions app. There are three more Rockstar hasn't yet revealed.
-A combat roll has been introduced for moving between cover

-Liquor store and ATM robberies is possible.
Side missions will be making a return. One would involve Michael in Vinewood Boulevard racing a starlet away from the paparazzi.

-Citizens will react to what you do, and if they see you robbing someone they could alert the police, film you, or even try to take you down themselves.
Hunting animals.

Customization

Player customization - tattoos, haircuts, clothing
Vehicle customization - paintjobs, wheels, window tints, grills, spoilers, along with robust performance upgrades to suspension, engine, brakes, and more that make meaningful changes to the way vehicles feel and handle

9aocv7.jpg

this is just SOME stuff from that link above, that i posted. must read.

They also told me that—finally—you won't lose the gun your character is wielding just because you ran out of bullets. That's worth the V all by itself.

The Rockstar guys also told me how huge the game is and all that's in it. Well, some of what's in it: military bases, beaches, mountains, rivers, meth dealers, biker gangs.... the whole map is open from the start. Biggest weapons list ever. Biggest vehicle list, many of them customizable for looks and performance. Cars. Trucks. Motorcycles. Bicycles. Jet fighters. I saw a jumbo jet in the sky. Can we fly that? Not sure, probably not. These games have limits.

The metaphor Rockstar likes for this game is long-form narrative TV with an ensemble cast. Cut from one character to the next. Skip the parts where characters are doing boring stuff and go right from interesting scene to interesting scene. That doesn't mean the game is all missions and no wandering. Rockstar gives every sign that there will be a ton of wandering permitted. They also give the impression, though, that the character switches will let them keep players surprised and entertained. Take that transition they showed me from Franklin walking off his parachute drop to a bloody Trevor chilling on the beach in his underwear.

The metaphor Rockstar likes for this game is long-form narrative TV with an ensemble cast. Cut from one character to the next. Skip the parts where characters are doing boring stuff.

Rockstar wants us to feel like GTA V's three characters live their own lives when you're not controlling them. When you're one guy, the other two are doing their thing, and when you switch to one of them, Rockstar intends to often surprise you. That's a neat trick, but I was skeptical how often they'd pull off an on-the-beach-in-his-underwear type of surprise. You guys might just have three of those, I suggested. No way, the Rockstar rep told me. We'll be doing a lot with that.

The three characters are supposed to provide players three different experiences in the game's massive world and they're designed to make my playthrough feel a little different than yours. We can customize our characters (tattoos, clothes, haircut, stats—things like strength, shooting, driving and flying acumen that can all get better with more use), but we also can meet different characters as different characters. Rockstar expects us to be comparing notes. Oh, you met him while playing as him? I did that differently. You robbed that place how? That's not how I did it. That sort of thing.

Each of the three characters even has his own bank account, allowing you to manage each one's purchases differently. These guys can buy property. The example I was given was a taxi company. It will generate regular income. They can buy houses, too.

Rockstar seems more big on choice with this game than they were with GTA IV. Sure, that game let you make decisions at key junctures about who would live or die. This game's decisions seem like they'll be both, bigger and smaller. The characters already differ from each other. They're all unrepentant criminals, but they also all start with different stats. How we improve their skills and how we deck them out will make them feel more distinct. How they execute a heist may change things up as well.

For the big heists, Rockstar told me, players will be choosing a lot of the variables: how your guys approach a place you want to rob, who does what, whether to go in guns blazing or with stealth, which other characters go on the mission. See, you'll be able to hire support characters and, if they survive, they'll be able to help you in subsequent heists. The more money you have, the better support characters you can get. Heists will end with an after-action report and the money from the haul divided among the crew.

Rockstar says that each character will be able to have different experiences in the game world. Some events that pop up in the game world will only pop up for one of them. Plus, each has a special ability. That might seem a little weird, but get this: ex-bank-robber Michael's good with guns, so, when you're controlling him, you can slow down time as you shoot; repo man Franklin can do the same while driving; Trevor can go into a melee rage of sorts and deal more damage. This stuff is triggered after a meter fills. It might ring a Red Dead bell. Or even a Max Payne one.

and LOL at ifruit being the phone you will use.

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
There's no going back to single character play after this. R* is going to crush muthafukkin buildings next gen :wow:

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are we really going to act like Rockstar hasn't dropped trash to below average games this gen, only stand out being Max Payne.