The Official Grand Theft Auto 5 Thread (SPOILERS)

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
:what: You cant steal somebodies car in MP? :dahell:

Yea I think people are getting ahead of themselves with the ideas.

You CAN'T go to a players garage and steal his whips. Players can lock their BOUGHT whips so they can't be stolen either. This prevents the special cars or any other custom cars you make from being stolen. Cause then we'd just steal everything and never worry about buying them

Because of that. Most stores in game won't customize a stolen whip. Same thing... They want you to level up. Not just steal a lambo day one and have it fully custom on day two. You can steal it but when another game starts, you won't have it in the garage. That's only for cars you bought

You can blow up custom cars. I think they do get them back tho. Maybe for a fee or something. It'd be crazy to have them sell you a SE car and then it's blown up day one and gone forever.

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
Yea I think people are getting ahead of themselves with the ideas.

You CAN'T go to a players garage and steal his whips. Players can lock their BOUGHT whips so they can't be stolen either. This prevents the special cars or any other custom cars you make from being stolen. Cause then we'd just steal everything and never worry about buying them

Because of that. Most stores in game won't customize a stolen whip. Same thing... They want you to level up. Not just steal a lambo day one and have it fully custom on day two. You can steal it but when another game starts, you won't have it in the garage. That's only for cars you bought

You can blow up custom cars. I think they do get them back tho. Maybe for a fee or something. It'd be crazy to have them sell you a SE car and then it's blown up day one and gone forever.
If you don't insure or put them in a garage and they're blown they're gone forever, just like in real life. I can confirm this as a fact cause that's what one of them official videos said.

Further details are needed though, maybe insurance is only for robbery and if they blow your car maybe you could recover it for half the price of the car or something like that. Would make sense.
About the Collection edition cars, since they're DLC, special conditions would apply obviously.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
If you don't insure or put them in a garage and they're blown they're gone forever, just like in real life. I can confirm this as a fact cause that's what one of them official videos said.

Further details are needed though, maybe insurance is only for robbery and if they blow your car maybe you could recover it for half the price of the car or something like that. Would make sense.
So logically I could pay 150 for that special edition car and it be blown up or stolen on my first try at MP and my money is wasted? Ohhhhhh hell nah. I think I'll be copping that 79 version instead and pray they drop dlc for extra cars soon anyway

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
So logically I could pay 150 for that special edition car and it be blown up or stolen on my first try at MP and my money is wasted? Ohhhhhh hell nah. I think I'll be copping that 79 version instead and pray they drop dlc for extra cars soon anyway
Read the edited post now breh :youngsabo: I hear you though.