The Official Golden Globes 2018 1/7/18 Thread

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Get Laura dearn the fukk out of here. Shalene Woodley got robbed twice for big little lies. That bytch Renata was a throwaway character with barely any screen time, she doesn't deserve awards :pacspit::camby::mindblown:
Yeah, I'm so confused by that. I loved the miniseries, but she wasn't anything special in it.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I fell in love with her in The Help..then fell out of love when she lost weight. Then she put all it back on for Molly's Game and Lord have mercy:wow:
She gon look sexy as hell in my sequel
5904e62f8f8fe2d35dc3a2fab957b545.png

Last edited:

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
lady bird deserved best motion picture for its category and shape of water should've won for its category too. in fact sally hawkins should've won best actress. don't get the hype for three billboards. that's just ridiculous.

james franco surprised me with disaster artist. definitely deserving for his award.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
:lolbron: I just never got your opinion on 3 Billboards besides you not liking it(both in this thread and the one for the movie itself). I don't think it's a "timely" movie nor one trying to hammer a message at the audience. Every review I've read about it, after having watched it, praised the performances(deservedly) and the darkness of the comedy. I don't think it's riding on the sentiments of the Me Too movement, and I definitely don't think the audience is supposed to leave the theater with some altruistic lesson learned after watching. It's not my pick for Best Picture, but I don't have an issue with it winning against the competition it was up against at the Golden Globes(and my pick wasn't even nominated) :manny:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
:lolbron: I just never got your opinion on 3 Billboards besides you not liking it(both in this thread and the one for the movie itself). I don't think it's a "timely" movie nor one trying to hammer a message at the audience. Every review I've read about it, after having watched it, praised the performances(deservedly) and the darkness of the comedy. I don't think it's riding on the sentiments of the Me Too movement, and I definitely don't think the audience is supposed to leave the theater with some altruistic lesson learned after watching. It's not my pick for Best Picture, but I don't have an issue with it winning against the competition it was up against at the Golden Globes(and my pick wasn't even nominated) :manny:

I felt a strong "not all cops" vibe while also having to watch as the film redeems a violent, racist cop despite never forcing him to confront those parts of his character. I also found a lot of the comedy pretty off tonally. And I'm a fan if In Bruges and Seven Psychopaths, so it's darkness wasn't the issue.

mr x

Superstar
Daps
:ohhh: I've been going back and forth on this all night. This might be thread worthy.

Ddl will win in a landslide.. There was a best brit thread and he got more votes than all other nominees combined(maybe not but it was something outrageous)

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I watched big little lies the other week.

Good performances all around but I thought as a show it was fairly weak.

Suburban mom's squabble with a murder mystery plot laced over. Nah. I'm good.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
The amount of salt on this forum if wonder woman gets nominations at the Oscars is going to be :banderas:

When do they announce the nominations anyway?

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Not a good movie. Praised for being timely and "about something" but really doesn't have much of substance when given more than a cursory look.
2017, the year @HHR turned on Mcdonagh and became a Star Wars head :wow: