The Official Golden Globes 2018 1/7/18 Thread

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Keep telling you all and no ones listening: Hollywood foreign press is not the academy. They’re a completely different beast. Remember the year they nominated the tourist just to get johnny depp and Angelina in the same room and on tv? And they have a long long history of corruption. It’s fun to watch but the shyt is ultimately pointless

The Tourist:scust:

Don’t the Globes usually act as a precursor to the Oscars and Emmys?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The Tourist:scust:

Don’t the Globes usually act as a precursor to the Oscars and Emmys?

Nah. The sag awards are a much better indicator. Along with the DGA awards and the PGA awards. The golden globe nominees are normally the same but the guilds are where you really see shyt cause those are the same people voting on Oscars

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Y'all didn't expect Get Out to win right? :usure:For Musical or Comedy categories? :usure:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Keep telling you all and no ones listening: Hollywood foreign press is not the academy. They’re a completely different beast. Remember the year they nominated the tourist just to get johnny depp and Angelina in the same room and on tv? And they have a long long history of corruption. It’s fun to watch but the shyt is ultimately pointless
The fact that Ansel Elgort got nominated is all that needs to be said about the Golden Globes

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Oh yeah, that's how I know him.

Here's the one I was thinking of. I know you're excited but you're too old for this.

I remember the morning he tweeted that and we all talked about it in our email thread. And someone took him seriously and he had to deal with some shyt :russ:

He was fukking around

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
I mean at what point do we put him on that same list? Look at the career, look at the skill, look at the fact this man played Sirius black, Commissioner Gordon, and Winston Churchill and none of them are the same character, none of them feel like they're played by the same person. The dude is fantastic and has come a long way since playing the villain in what feels like every 90s action movie:russ: Oldman is a beast

Didn't he also play Mason Verger in Hannibal?

EDIT - Yes, he did.

latest