The Official Golden Globes 2018 1/7/18 Thread

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Wrinkle in time will be a colossal bomb.
I don't care about all that.

What I'm curious about tho is why wish ill will on a big scifi flick directed by a black woman? Once based on a very popular book that a lot of people around the world love? And a big studio gave her 100 million to make it? Come on man, you should want that shyt to flourish

I think it's gonna flop as well. It's not really as cherished or read as much in grade schools as it was even 25 years ago. I think it's a hard sell for modern children, and all of it's fans are at least 30+. It's falls somewhere around Where the Wild Things Are

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
I think it's gonna flop as well. It's not really as cherished or read as much in grade schools as it was even 25 years ago. I think it's a hard sell for modern children, and all of it's fans are at least 30+. It's falls somewhere around Where the Wild Things Are

Watch how quick they are to blame the low gross on racism and sexism though. :mjpls:

See Ghostbusters :mjpls:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Lady Bird got the momentum right now breh. Feel like she may walk away with the Oscar for real
McDormand is in the game though. But she's already won so we'll see.

I thought she was great in lady bird, but I stan for Margot

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
The fukk is Lady Bird?

SerpentineImpishAgama-size_restricted.gif

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Beauty and the beast? Lion King? Cinderella? Their only flops the past few years have been BFG and Queen of Katwe. At least to my knowledge. If I'm wrong tho, fill in the blanks for me homie cause I feel like most of their shyt has been hit after hit

I should've specified more those are classics that are already sold because of their status so I didn't count those. I'm talking about movies like Tomorrowland, Looking Glass, Queen of Katwe, Into the Woods, Million Dollar Arm, The Lone Ranger, John Carter that didn't even break even.