The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
This has race of the year potential brehs.

image.png

Spa is one of the few tracks where pole position puts you at a significant disadvantage because of the slipstream.

Besides having to worry about Bottas, Lewis also has to deal with Verstappen and Riccardo, who are both running lower downforce packages behind him and can reach higher top speeds.

Add to that, Ricardo is on soft tyres while the top three are on mediums, so the chances are actually quite high that he may be leading out of sector one, and then the strategy choices are going to be intriguing.

Are the Mercedes drivers going to work together to break the tow?

Will Bottas go for broke in an effort to claw back championship points?

This has the makings of a classic.

One thing is certain though, if Hamilton gets out of sector one in the lead....the race is probably over, barring an inopportune safety car.:manny:

lol it was a pretty boring race unfortunately. Top 3 was static

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Homie cant be stopped

this dude is the GOAT and while I know he is getting a ton of props outside of this country, he needs to be getting major attention over here. There will literally Never be another driver on his level and he is basically what we thought Tiger wouldā€™ve ultimately have been in golf.

I know he says he just cares about racing and trying to win, and not the accolades/trophies but his camp better find a way to get him more recognition for what heā€™s doing.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
this dude is the GOAT and while I know he is getting a ton of props outside of this country, he needs to be getting major attention over here. There will literally Never be another driver on his level and he is basically what we thought Tiger wouldā€™ve ultimately have been in golf.

I know he says he just cares about racing and trying to win, and not the accolades/trophies but his camp better find a way to get him more recognition for what heā€™s doing.
he's very likable too

i'm only JUST getting back into F1 (havent really watched since I was a kid and I'm 29 now). Watching the netflix series i didnt realize how cool Lewis Hamilton. Always fukked with him off the strength of being black but he a real cool dude

When it comes to sports i'm rarely a fan of whoever is the best at any given point in time (rreason why i grew up a warriors fan for example)...but he's easily my favourite. It's hard for him not to be

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps

I think the reality is that he downplays a lot of his success because he knows he has to. All or most of us in this thread are probably black. Many of us might know what it's like to be a little too good at something than the people around you - that even your worst shyts all over most of their best. You gotta be like hey :yeshrug: y'all got it eventually. If you tell it like it is, then the target on your back becomes malicious. But beyond that he's probably just realistic about an overwhelmingly white sport always trying to come up with an excuse why he isn't the best or even among "the greats". The man is literally writing the sport's history every time he steps in the car, but of course none of that is down to talent :mjpls:.

He used to be more open with his communication but pulled back because of how people are. In hindsight people should have loved that Lewis because he was more prone to error. He has his head down now and is nigh on unstoppable.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
He could be an average driver and he would be my GOAT by being Black and knowing it unlike Bubba Wallace but the fact that he's GOAT makes it much better. Even better than Tiger.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Jensen Button on that bullshyt talmbout Lewis was far back, but close enough to pick up half a tenth, maybe a tenth :mjpls:. Mercedes been leaving a 6-8 second gap all day long, wasn't no appreciable tow at that distance. Bottas did good, Lewis just did better :manny:.

Funny, Perez just said he was too far back and lost half a second in speed on the straights
full

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Jensen Button on that bullshyt talmbout Lewis was far back, but close enough to pick up half a tenth, maybe a tenth :mjpls:. Mercedes been leaving a 6-8 second gap all day long, wasn't no appreciable tow at that distance. Bottas did good, Lewis just did better :manny:.

Funny, Perez just said he was too far back and lost half a second in speed on the straights
full

Ever since the, "I outscored Lewis over 3 seasons" bullshyt Jensen pushed I give any statement from him about Lewis the :mjpls:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Speaking after taking pole position for this weekend's race Hamilton said, "I don't even think we ever had a 'party mode'. That's something someone else made up."

Asked whether he had noted any change in performance of his car in qualifying since the last race weekend he replied: "But who knows if we even used that mode in Spa anyways?"
d91.gif

RBR and the FIA done goofed.