The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Might already be too late. He should have come back while they were building the car. I feel sick having to hope Alonso takes points/wins off of Red Bull until Merc gets sorted out.
Couple days ago on Reddit they were saying that he had a hand in the W13, and really it was Aldo Costa that was the difference maker in previous cars. Who knows at this point.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Lewis made the call.
Stopped development early on the 2021 car. Completely fukked 2022 with him being a team player and ruined one of the greatest streaks of a win and a pole in every season. Now they came back with more mediocrity. This happened at McLaren too. He tried giving feedback on the engineering direction of the car and the car was trash. They finally listened and clawed back performance. In 2017 Lewis challenged the team to develop a car with specific handling characteristics. That led to the development of the trick rear suspension that unlocked the Merc chassis from 2017 until the nerfing in 2021.

I won't lie. Part of me is hoping this is all a red herring and Merc has the "real" car almost ready-- but just ran out of time before the official start of the season. I have a difficult time believing Merc didn't truly know how much RB and particularly Aston progressed-- yet still stuck with a concept that can't compete.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Couple days ago on Reddit they were saying that he had a hand in the W13, and really it was Aldo Costa that was the difference maker in previous cars. Who knows at this point.
Reddit F1, more than any other time, is now full of dummies parroting information gleaned from other misinformed Redditors. The same sickness infiltrated r/NBA starting back in 2016.

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
Stopped development early on the 2021 car. Completely fukked 2022 with him being a team player and ruined one of the greatest streaks of a win and a pole in every season. Now they came back with more mediocrity. This happened at McLaren too. He tried giving feedback on the engineering direction of the car and the car was trash. They finally listened and clawed back performance. In 2017 Lewis challenged the team to develop a car with specific handling characteristics. That led to the development of the trick rear suspension that unlocked the Merc chassis from 2017 until the nerfing in 2021.

I won't lie. Part of me is hoping this is all a red herring and Merc has the "real" car almost ready-- but just ran out of time before the official start of the season. I have a difficult time believing Merc didn't truly know how much RB and particularly Aston progressed-- yet still stuck with a concept that can't compete.
Man, early last year I thought Merc would get a handle on the porpoising and rectify the situation quickly……..
this year they’re down a minute to Red Bull in race. Unless they introduce nuclear power or vibranium to the car, I do not see how Merc overcomes that kind of distance. The disparity is unforgivable.

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
Man, early last year I thought Merc would get a handle on the porpoising and rectify the situation quickly……..
this year they’re down a minute to Red Bull in race. Unless they introduce nuclear power or vibranium to the car, I do not see how Merc overcomes that kind of distance. The disparity is unforgivable.
It’s hard when they can’t just throw money at a hundred different solutions and see what works. That, + losing so much brain talent to other teams is the biggest factor I think.

I’m with you, I just don’t see them solving this. RB hit it out of the park and is coasting now.