The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
This season is gonna be so shyt.

Watching Lewis get overtaken by Stroll is gonna be painful.

Alonso getting podiums

Verstappen three titles in a row :snoop:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This season is gonna be so shyt.

Watching Lewis get overtaken by Stroll is gonna be painful.

Alonso getting podiums

Verstappen three titles in a row :snoop:
I have hop things will even out soon, but yeah another painful start.

If they don't catch up this season hopefully they drop the concept. Doesn't matter the potential if you can't find a way to extract it.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Mercy suddenly look a lot more competitive in P3 just 2 tenths off, but practice isn't really representative of the night qualy. Still....

:lupe:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can't stomach Max winning at a canter again :beli:
Well let's see how qualifying goes, based on that leader board qualy will be good. It remains to be sent how race pace will translate, but if Lewis and Alonso have a fast enough car, race pace will come.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
I still have ptsd from m the W13 hope crush from last year.. FP3 seemed like a good step forward for Merc, but still not sure where they’ll be come quali.

If their race pace this weekend is at least the same relative to the front runners at the end of last year and they have truly sorted out their issues, then I look forward to the upgrades as they’ll be focused on performance, instead of compromises and trying to figure out the car.

If that Aston Martin pace is real and Fernando can manage to steal points away from Max then the season may still be open, but if Max walks the field this weekend, it’s over.

Also how long before the directive that slows down Aston Martin

:pachaha:

Did they get it right? Steal secrets or are there dark arts afoot

They poached a lot of key Redbull and Mercedes staff over the past 2 years. That’s why they made this big step. This is the first car they produced with the new team structure. Their head of aero was Newey’s protege at redbull
 they have good people and are off to what seems to be a great start, but not sure if they’ll be able to keep up with the development pace of the top teams.

Last edited:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Also how long before the directive that slows down Aston Martin

:pachaha:

Did they get it right? Steal secrets or are there dark arts afoot
I think they are legit but this track is benefiting them more than others. The next 5 races will benefit aero efficient cars so I’m thinking Red Bull and Ferrari will start separating at that point.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I still have ptsd from m the W13 hope crush from last year.. FP3 seemed like a good step forward for Merc, but still not sure where they’ll be come quali.

If their race pace this weekend is at least the same relative to the front runners at the end of last year and they have truly sorted out their issues, then I look forward to the upgrades as they’ll be focused on performance, instead of compromises and trying to figure out the car.

If that Aston Martin pace is real and Fernando can manage to steal points away from Max then the season may still be open, but if Max walks the field this weekend, it’s over.
There is no reason for Max not to win tomorrow outside of some freak occurence.

Merc had their engines turned up more than the other top teams in FP3.