The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Leclerc and Ferrari were just not up to the caliber over the course of the season to challenge Max.

Driver errors, horrendous strategic blunders on the part of the race engineers and team manager.

I dont see them doing anything tbh. Mercedes will be right back at the top next year. Anticipating Ham getting an 8th ship and cementing his legacy as F1s GOAT.

I think Norris is going to move to Merc post Hams retirement

///Vega+++

All Star
Daps
The thread is a Lewis Hamilton thread. Not a formula 1 thread. You can always create a formula 1 thread if you like.
Oh my bad but since it became the de facto F1 thread perhaps the thread's title could at least reflect the current developments instead of a 3+ years old news sorta like the soccer thread? Iono..just a thought.... I don't care that much either way

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
All that remains to be seen is if RBR exceeded the budget cap, and if they did, how the FIA is going to cover for them.

Also, something something fastest car, something no competition, something weak teammate, blah blah anyone could be WDC in that car. Let's see him go to a team like Williams and build it.

:unimpressed:

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
What (if any) punishments you brehs think the FIA will come down with for cost cap breaches?

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
Hoping the reason they delayed the cost cap breach announcement til tomorrow so the blow of taking away the WDC from Max for last year is softened

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
What (if any) punishments you brehs think the FIA will come down with for cost cap breaches?
If I were to guess:

"After an extensive audit the FIA concludes that Red Bull Racing Oracle did exceed the cost cap for the 2021-2022 Formula 1 season. Representatives from Red Bull Racing Oracle explain that their interpretation of the cost cap rules differed from the FIA interpretation of the cost cap rules. Red Bull Racing Oracle argues that the expenses in question are exempt from the cost cap due to being categorized as power unit manufacturer expenses. While the FIA does not agree that carbon fiber composite work for floor development aligns with the power unit category, the FIA does understand how such an interpretation may be reached. The FIA and Red Bull Racing Oracle have reached an agreement that Red Bull Racing Oracle will not exceed the cost cap again, cross their heart hope to die stick a needle in their eye. The FIA will not impose any financial, nor any championship point penalties and all rewards prize money and accolades won by Red Bull Racing Oracle stand henceforth.

Additionally, the FIA has also found that Aston Martin Racing Cognizant has breached has exceeded the cost cap for the 2021-2022 Formula 1 season. The Ā£13,000 infraction for trackside operations was deemed to have given Aston Martin Racing Cognizant too large a competitive advantage. The FIA has decided to disqualify Aston Martin Racing Cognizant from the results of the 2021-2022 Formula 1 season. To preserve the sporting integrity of Formula 1, the FIA also imposes a ban on driver Sebastian Vettel for no less than 10 years, effective October 7th 2022."

bdkane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
College Park by way of East Bmore
If I were to guess:

"After an extensive audit the FIA concludes that Red Bull Racing Oracle did exceed the cost cap for the 2021-2022 Formula 1 season. Representatives from Red Bull Racing Oracle explain that their interpretation of the cost cap rules differed from the FIA interpretation of the cost cap rules. Red Bull Racing Oracle argues that the expenses in question are exempt from the cost cap due to being categorized as power unit manufacturer expenses. While the FIA does not agree that carbon fiber composite work for floor development aligns with the power unit category, the FIA does understand how such an interpretation may be reached. The FIA and Red Bull Racing Oracle have reached an agreement that Red Bull Racing Oracle will not exceed the cost cap again, cross their heart hope to die stick a needle in their eye. The FIA will not impose any financial, nor any championship point penalties and all rewards prize money and accolades won by Red Bull Racing Oracle stand henceforth.

Additionally, the FIA has also found that Aston Martin Racing Cognizant has breached has exceeded the cost cap for the 2021-2022 Formula 1 season. The Ā£13,000 infraction for trackside operations was deemed to have given Aston Martin Racing Cognizant too large a competitive advantage. The FIA has decided to disqualify Aston Martin Racing Cognizant from the results of the 2021-2022 Formula 1 season. To preserve the sporting integrity of Formula 1, the FIA also imposes a ban on driver Sebastian Vettel for no less than 10 years, effective October 7th 2022."
:dead: