The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

Reflected

Living in fear in the year of the tiger.
Daps
Lewis even slower out of that car than normal :francis:
That was ride height influenced to makeup for all the issues, imagine driving that shyt with the backend bouncing off of the ground at those speeds. I would have retired before giving any cartilage to the state of that vehicle. Insane.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
You don't have to, I woul. Mercedes in a lemon of a car are right behind them in the constructors.

The whole, "We don't expect results this year is bullshyt. You are one of the two constructor that got it right. You have a driver in Charles who, with the right car can be just as fast as Max. There is no guarantee you will be up there next year. Binotto needs to go.
Mercedes made a lemon of car yet youā€™re not calling for James Allisonā€™s head are you? No, because thatā€™s dumb. Binotto isnā€™t going anywhere.

Its not bullshyt, its realistic. 2 years ago Ferrari had its worst season and car in 40 years. They rebuilt the entire organization on the fly. Sorry breh, Iā€™ve been in business long enough to have patience. Ferrari is getting closer but its clear from top to bottom Red Bull is the best run team on the grid.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just caught the race. Watching Lewis struggle to get out of the car at the end was rough. Really might force FIA's hand on mid season changes, because while Mercedes is the extreme end of it, this is definitely hitting other teams.

Also, :dead: at Latifi catching a ten second penalty essentially because someone noticed he fukked up pulling into the starting box, only finishing 15th because a full quarter of the field (including the entire leading team going into the race) retired, and STILL catching an extra five second penalty for incompetence in the field of getting the fukk out of the way of faster cars.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
christian horner's a fukkboy. it's okay when he's complaining and forcing investigations, but a driver safety issue bytching to him. he got a hard on for mercedes
There's always a back and forth. If you aren't fighting other teams' complaints then as a team boss you aren't doing your job. Especially if you're leading the championship and your car was designed right from the outset.

That being said, Mercedes has a huge issue.

FVPJwvLWIAA9Gyx

That's Mercedes way off in space. The car is being run in an extreme manner relative to the rest of field to get its results. That's untenable.

If it were me, I'd let the teams go back to last year's suspension but right now the porpoising for Mercedes is far worse than the others and the only way to solve it is to run the suspension softer and higher. They'll fall back in the pack, but at least Lewis will be able to walk by the end of the season. :francis:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
There's always a back and forth. If you aren't fighting other teams' complaints then as a team boss you aren't doing your job. Especially if you're leading the championship and your car was designed right from the outset.

That being said, Mercedes has a huge issue.

FVPJwvLWIAA9Gyx

That's Mercedes way off in space. The car is being run in an extreme manner relative to the rest of field to get its results. That's untenable.

If it were me, I'd let the teams go back to last year's suspension but right now the porpoising for Mercedes is far worse than the others and the only way to solve it is to run the suspension softer and higher. They'll fall back in the pack, but at least Lewis will be able to walk by the end of the season. :francis:

That's the main issue for Mercedes right now. Finding a way to appeal to the FIA for better standards that allow for less purpoising without losing ground to Red Bull and Ferrari.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Yeah you can't really blame Red Bull or anyone else that figured it out not wanting to bail Mercedes out :manny:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
In the latter stages Hamilton said on the radio that his seat had gone cold, despite the race taking place in warm conditions with track temperatures in excess of 45C. Vowles said the cold sensation Hamilton experienced was in fact a consequence of the violent bouncing he suffered. "I spent a few minutes with Lewis earlier to actually ask him what happened. Nothing really had changed in the car, it just looks like after the amount of pummelling his back had taken from the bouncing, he fundamentally had a numbness that set in and it looks like the cold was a response to that. "So there wasn't anything cold in the car. It's just a response to the amount of endurance and pain he'd been through in the race."
:picard: