The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
We certainly can't. The points don't lie.

Lewis is still the GOAT however he is not the same driver currently.

I honestly believe he had the best performance of the season in Barcelona and that Russell has had extremely good luck in comparison to Lewis however, his message to the team in Barcelona after Magnusson incident was telling. The guy wanted to quit and Bono is the one who kept him on track. Compare that to his attitude in Brazil 2021 and I don't think there should be any debate that the Abu Dhabi screw job has had a massive impact on him.

It also doesn't help that the current Merc car is a fukking wheel barrow

Last edited:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I honestly believe he had the best performance of the season in Barcelona and that Russell has had extremely good luck in comparison to Lewis however, his message to the team in Barcelona after Magnusson incident was telling. The guy wanted to quit and Bono is the one who kept him on track. Compare that to his attitude in Brazil 2021 and I don't think there should be any debate that the Abu Dhabi screw job has had a massive impact on him.
He wanted to quit to save the engine if meaningful points weren't possible. Living to fight another day. Entirely different situation to Brazil where there's no point in holding back.

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
He wanted to quit to save the engine if meaningful points weren't possible. Living to fight another day. Entirely different situation to Brazil where there's no point in holding back.
Fair enough and excellent point.

Do you, however, in your heart of hearts still think Lewis has the same drive currently?

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Fair enough and excellent point.

Do you, however, in your heart of hearts still think Lewis has the same drive currently?
Yes, if he was as down and out as people are trying to portray then he would have exited after last year's robbery. He has literally nothing left to prove, no reason to do this unless he wants to.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Car setup is all fukked up. He can hardly get through the final sequence of corners without lifting.