The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
How is Hamiltonā€™s car different this year than last year?
All cars are different this year due to new regulations. Goal of regulations was to reduce dirty air behind cars and allow for closer racing.

Mercedes opted for the most radical design by removing sidepods
102282919a854840923d5b87a3490dde

With the radical design everyone expected them to have the fastest car but it ended up being very unstable and almost undrivable. This week they finally brought updates and stabilized the car. Even though they are still slower than RB and Ferrari at least they understand the car and will hopefully be able to improve from here on out.

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
After watching the race it should be clear to Checo, and all of the Max fans, they're never going to let him actually battle Max. They were able to sneak in long ass pit stops last year to hide that they wanted Max to win over him, but there's no way Max was passing him with a broken DRS.

It would've been the same team result if they told Max to chill on attacking Checo. I saw a stat that Mexico buys 30% of all RBR merch. They can't keep holding him back and expect those fans to keep spending that money. RBR also can't replace him with someone as competent, but who also won't fight back (Gasly and Albon absolutely will fight back at this point).

I actually think there's potential for him to be Lewis' replacement at Mercedes.
Idk, Checo checked himself afterwards because he knows his role. This is a guy who was pretty much out of Formula 1 until Red Bull picked him up to replace Albon. And heā€™s 32, so itā€™s not like heā€™s a young guy who is trying to prove himself as the man for the next 10 years.

And Max was absolutely going to catch him. It makes sense from a RBR standpoint to not have your drivers race each other and ruin their tires and battery.

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
finally posting after the site being complete trash.

race yesterday was tough, that first lap shyt with KMAG was terrible. I don't usually fukk with Lance Stroll, but the shyt he said on the radio in Miami was put on display yesterday.

tire deg was super high yesterday, it was even hotter than it was in miami.

I was extra souped when LH passed Sainz, those radio messages about the car were gutting

side note - went to the race in miami. that was my first F1 event, and that shyt was incredible. it was dope that you could sit inside the stadium and watch on the monitors cause it was hot as fukk and there was a dope breeze in the stadium.

I was standing about 100 feet from where Lando hit the wall, his tire rolled right in front of me when it popped off the car

calh45

Cal
Daps
Idk, Checo checked himself afterwards because he knows his role. This is a guy who was pretty much out of Formula 1 until Red Bull picked him up to replace Albon. And heā€™s 32, so itā€™s not like heā€™s a young guy who is trying to prove himself as the man for the next 10 years.

And Max was absolutely going to catch him. It makes sense from a RBR standpoint to not have your drivers race each other and ruin their tires and battery.
He checked himself because he knows better to air dirty laundry after his years at Racing Point and he's a professional, but Horner knows they fukked him which is why he thanked him openly on the radio for "playing the team game"

If it's an absolute that Max was going to catch him then let Max catch him and pass him. The team would still be 1-2 with him winning and the not having your driver's race each other point still applies. I would bet a lot of money Max with gimping DRS ain't doing a whole lot. That's the point. Merc let's Russell race Lewis all of them time. Did the same with Bottas with one exception that I could remember PLUS him being "out" of F1 was nowhere near based on talent so that point isn't really real.

He's known as one of the best drivers with tire wear on the grid. It's basically him and Lewis with that aspect. Objectively, he's only behind Max, Lewis, and Leclerc in terms of race pace driving ability. Of those three, he crashes a lot less than Charles and Max. Russell over him is because Russell is younger. He's been just as fast as Max has been in this new version of the RBR car this season and they're not even giving him a chance to fight for it.

calh45

Cal
Daps
Breh, I donā€™t know shyt about F1 like that.

The simple explanation is that Mercedes car last year was the culmination of a decade of designing and this year's car they fukked up on the initial design by trying to go too far outside of the box.

Lewis is used to driving a good to great car. Russell was used to driving bullshyt so he's acclimated better to this new shytty car and not winning better than Lewis.

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
The simple explanation is that Mercedes car last year was the culmination of a decade of designing and this year's car they fukked up on the initial design by trying to go too far outside of the box.

Lewis is used to driving a good to great car. Russell was used to driving bullshyt so he's acclimated better to this new shytty car and not winning better than Lewis.
I feel like the far-out design might start to come back to them once they iron out these gremlins. Can they do it in enough time to fight back? We'll see.

bdkane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
College Park by way of East Bmore

I think once Lewis gets the really under him, he's back. I heard optimism in his voice for the first time since before 2021 Abu Dhabi. 2013 was similar to me. He only won once while Nico won a couple of times. If Merc progresses as they have been lately, watch out. Maybe too late to talk about a championship but by the end of the season don't be surprised if Mercedes is back on top. Good point breh.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I think once Lewis gets the really under him, he's back. I heard optimism in his voice for the first time since before 2021 Abu Dhabi. 2013 was similar to me. He only won once while Nico won a couple of times. If Merc progresses as they have been lately, watch out. Maybe too late to talk about a championship but by the end of the season don't be surprised if Mercedes is back on top. Good point breh.
I would be extremely suprised if Mercedes is close to the front on outright pace by the end of the season. The budget cap makes everything that much more difficult if you're on the back foot at least in-season. They'll have more wind tunnel time than Ferrari/RB for next season though.

Similar to 2021 Ferrari/McLaren, they'll be in the mix at some tracks but way off on others.

Binotto still puts them at 0.6 off the RB/Ferrari at the moment but thinks they'll be able to fight for the win at Monaco.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.

I see people saying this-- but absolutely no data supports that. How is GR acclimated better when Lewis' race pace and qualifying has been superior thus far?

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I see people saying this-- but absolutely no data supports that. How is GR acclimated better when Lewis' race pace and qualifying has been superior thus far?
A fallacy regarding the relative performance of the W13 to the W12 and the FW43B which denigrates Hamilton's abilities and elevates Russell's. Data can tell any story you want it to, and people are choosing to tell stories of Lewis falling off and George showing greatness, looking at the results vs what led to the results.