The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Checo on pole.. nice.

Merc needs to switch up the setup and start Lewis from pit lane tomorrow. Having him race with that setup with a full tank of fuel would be silly. He was almost got clipped by a fukking Williams :mjlol:

Going by that Perez pole, if not for tire issues, Max would have taken it easily. Ferrari gonna have to turn that engine up next race weekend as RB is right there with them. Them upgrades can't come soon enough for Merc.

A lot of overreaction in the thread. We're 1 race deep. I'd wait till at least Silverstone before writing off the season. There's a lot of potential in that car.
Yeah overreactions are wild, went from Hamilton having a masterclass in Bahrain to he should've retired after today :dead:

But we have to be realistic about Mercedes, they have earned enough respect over all these years to give them the benefit of the doubt, however there are just too many issues there. You could look at the problems and say 'there's so much time to be gained' or look at it as incompetence to begin with to show up with that many problems.

Downforce, drag, engine, tire issues, porpoising. And you can't blame everything on porpoising because Magnussen was bouncing all over the place and Sainz didn't look stable either, but it didn't affect their speed. Losing one second on straights to RB is amateur hour.

And like I said before now that they don't have the speed advantage all their issues are getting exposed. Slow ass pitstops can't be hidden anymore, wild car setups that completely blow up in their faces, not knowing how to set up a car after what was basically a long practice session in Bahrain and three practices in SA, getting outperformed by Stroll in an Aston Martin :scusthov:

Still it's a long season and I'm not counting them yet but regressing after a week tells me they may not have a grip on how to solve their problems.

calh45

Cal
Daps
The boom really happened within the last two years in the U.S. though. Lewis doesn't have that same wow factor to all the new people.

If not you're saying you I'm wrong then who? He's been at the Met gala. He's homies with Jay Z and Brady and Kanye. He was Max's rival aka a major villain and constantly compared to Schumacher. He's stood tall as a black cat dominating a white rich sport. He's dated a p*ssycat doll. He's an all timer that's still cooking He checks all of the casual fan boxes.

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
Listen I went to school for civil engineering so I have some idea about aero and thermo.

Personally I think amg missed the mark like the Lambo of yester year. Yea whatever they are able to have a slim package with the new turbo design but I honestly think that the no side pod approach is hurting the fluid flow over the rear wheel creating some sort of low pressure causing the porpoising.

Certainly doesn't help that the other team ice have become steonger

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Listen I went to school for civil engineering so I have some idea about aero and thermo.

Personally I think amg missed the mark like the Lambo of yester year. Yea whatever they are able to have a slim package with the new turbo design but I honestly think that the no side pod approach is hurting the fluid flow over the rear wheel creating some sort of low pressure causing the porpoising.

:unimpressed: Awesome. You came to the same "conclusion" that the actual experts including Mercedes themselves said was the problem and posted all over social media.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
If not you're saying you I'm wrong then who? He's been at the Met gala. He's homies with Jay Z and Brady and Kanye. He was Max's rival aka a major villain and constantly compared to Schumacher. He's stood tall as a black cat dominating a white rich sport. He's dated a p*ssycat doll. He's an all timer that's still cooking He checks all of the casual fan boxes.

im not saying you're wrong.. i'm saying the sport in general has blown up in a huge way the last two years in the states. Lewis dominance started way before that. There's not a Michael Jordan type of attachment to him from the fans here. F1 will be fine in the U.S. and continue to grow. Just wait until Miami and then Vegas next year... Gonna be huge

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

Well.. if this ain't vintage coli :mjlol:

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
Just unintentionally saw a replay of the Abu Dhabi screwjob. Haven't seen one since that day

giphy.gif

ApolloStark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The way I see it since his car is ass right now it's better for him to change it to something he's more comfortable with and start from last place than starting 16th and driving it how it is.

What's up brehs, first post back in the thread this season

Agree he needs to start from the p

ApolloStark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The way I see it since his car is ass right now it's better for him to change it to something he's more comfortable with and start from last place than starting 16th and driving it how it is.

What's up brehs... First post back in this thread this season, good to see new posters gaining an interest in F1

But to this post, I'm in 2 minds. On one hand, if the car is undrivable based on the set up charges they made then he's gonna find it impossible to make any progress through the pack. But starting from the pits is equally as bad because the merc straight line speed isn't there and this isn't a track known for overtaking spots so....

But you just know there's definitely gonna be a safety car deployed at LEAST once today

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
What's up brehs... First post back in this thread this season, good to see new posters gaining an interest in F1

But to this post, I'm in 2 minds. On one hand, if the car is undrivable based on the set up charges they made then he's gonna find it impossible to make any progress through the pack. But starting from the pits is equally as bad because the merc straight line speed isn't there and this isn't a track known for overtaking spots so....

But you just know there's definitely gonna be a safety car deployed at LEAST once today
No changes for Hamilton, he's starting 15th.

c7r46lhxyxp81.png