The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

Daps
How many seasons have you all been watching. We're in the second race. Pre 2014 it was common for teams to be stronger and weaker as the season progresses. Even when Ferrari were competitive with Seb we saw the same thing until Merc finally out developed them. Relax. You're forgetting that RBR have ZERO points.
Being an Aussie, Iā€™ve been watching F1 since the Webber days. Yeah but thereā€™s cost cap these days.

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
Can someone explain starting the race in the pit lane? I donā€™t understand how this is better than starting on the grid.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Can someone explain starting the race in the pit lane? I donā€™t understand how this is better than starting on the grid.
At the start not qualifying the cars enter parc ferme which means you can't change the setup anymore. If you do change the setup after qualifying, you give up your position and have to start from the pit lane. This is to prevent teams for setting up a car purely for qualifying on pole, then setting it up for the race after they secured pole. It's a punishment rather than a benefit, however it can keep you out of a first corner melee.

EarlyEarly

Superstar
Daps
The way I see it since his car is ass right now it's better for him to change it to something he's more comfortable with and start from last place than starting 16th and driving it how it is.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermƩ
Checo on pole.. nice.

Merc needs to switch up the setup and start Lewis from pit lane tomorrow. Having him race with that setup with a full tank of fuel would be silly. He was almost got clipped by a fukking Williams :mjlol:

Going by that Perez pole, if not for tire issues, Max would have taken it easily. Ferrari gonna have to turn that engine up next race weekend as RB is right there with them. Them upgrades can't come soon enough for Merc.

A lot of overreaction in the thread. We're 1 race deep. I'd wait till at least Silverstone before writing off the season. There's a lot of potential in that car.

calh45

Cal
Daps
what's replacing them is a new boom period on American soil. You can't even get seats at the Miami race. DTS has made F1 the 'hot' new event in the U.S.

And all the new fans didn't grow up watching Lewis..

Lewis is the only person new fans grew up watching. He's literally won 6 of the last 10 WDC. The only other person they'd recognize is Vettel or Max.......and possibly Nico. My fandom went back to Jean Alesi so I'll still find someone to cheer for, but it will be a giant hit to lose Lewis for them. If he's not a hero for people then he's a villain to cheer against.