The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
We been delayed so long, Sky F1 has to start showing commercials again :mjlol:. I don't think this shyt is happening, the rain in those shots looked the same as it did 2 hours ago.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
:mjlol: @ George waving to the crowd. He's just a walking PR machine. The incident with Bottas at Imola showed us who he really was. That was the first time he let the mask drop.
Will be interesting to see when George comes to Mercedes if he consistently beats Max for the next 5 years what the reaction is going to be :mjgrin:

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Will be interesting to see when George comes to Mercedes if he consistently beats Max for the next 5 years what the reaction is going to be :mjgrin:
It's not that I don't think this new group of young drivers is talented, but I'm not big on projecting these windows of greatness/dominance people keep suggesting. I don't believe any of these drivers have shown themselves to be that transcendent. Alonso, Senna, Prost, Schumi, Lewis-- they consistently showed us how special they were. I don't think any of these young guys will go on a run. At most one of them might run off two consecutive titles, but not much more.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
It's not that I don't think this new group of young drivers is talented, but I'm not big on projecting these windows of greatness/dominance people keep suggesting. I don't believe any of these drivers have shown themselves to be that transcendent. Alonso, Senna, Prost, Schumi, Lewis-- they consistently showed us how special they were. I don't think any of these young guys will go on a run. At most one of them might run off two consecutive titles, but not much more.
I'm not even looking at it from talent or potential standpoint, more from the narrative standpoint.

George is the sweetheart right now because he's not a threat but if he lives up to the hype and keeps Max from winning a WDC I wonder if the sentiment will remain the same.

I'm sure any George Russell success will be used to minimize Hamilton's accomplishments :manny:

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
I'm not even looking at it from talent or potential standpoint, more from the narrative standpoint.

George is the sweetheart right now because he's not a threat but if he lives up to the hype and keeps Max from winning a WDC I wonder if the sentiment will remain the same.

I'm sure any George Russell success will be used to minimize Hamilton's accomplishments :manny:
With some of the shyt I've seen said about Lewis being "overrated", I just tune it all out. Let them tell it, he's been hoodwinking the entire sport for 15 years not including his junior career. The real fukkery will come if George gets manhandled by Lewis.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
About the only circumstance where F1 cars may have trouble keeping up with the safety car.