The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Merc engine has never perform ed well at altitude. Without a safety car Lewis has done as much as he can.

Winston

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The pit lane here is so short, if there was anywhere where they should have switched to a 2 stop it's here.

Mercedes' strategists are looking funny this season. Seem scared to take any risks

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Max should probably win again next weekend although the Mercedes works better on hard tire compounds.

The real fun was in the midfield as usual.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Damn. If Merc doesn't wring some more straight line speed out of the car, Re Bull is going to runaway with this championship.
I think they've been forced to trade straight line speed for downforce because of the floor. At this point it's Red Bull's championships to lose. They have the fastest car and a second driver that will perpetually be a non factor in the driver's championship. As long as reliability doesn't come into play, the trophies are changing hands.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Max should probably win again next weekend although the Mercedes works better on hard tire compounds.

The real fun was in the midfield as usual.
Compound s are a step softer for next week, so outside rain it should be a comfortable win for Max.

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
I think they've been forced to trade straight line speed for downforce because of the floor. At this point it's Red Bull's championships to lose. They have the fastest car and a second driver that will perpetually be a non factor in the driver's championship. As long as reliability doesn't come into play, the trophies are changing hands.
fukkin' FIA.. All this manufactured to stop Merc, a year before the major changes.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Compound s are a step softer for next week, so outside rain it should be a comfortable win for Max.
:sadcam:

My bad, I thought it was the other way around. Yeah, that's not good.

People aren't saying this but Bottas should get some praise for passing and holding off Perez. I thought he ran a great race.

Outside of the obvious, Ferrari looked surprisingly good. George Russell got screwed as usual. Daniel Ricciardo taking large L's left and right. :picard:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
fukkin' FIA.. All this manufactured to stop Merc, a year before the major changes.
Of course. It's been one thing after another after it was clear that Renault and Honda dropped the ball on the engines. I need to watch some Tech Talk videos, but if Red Bull is developing this year's car, and Mercedes isn't, this is just going to be a tease of a year. I expect next year's car to be on top of the new aero regs.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
That red bull is fast.

Merc has no plans to do upgrades this year so it's going to take lewis being lewis and luck to get a constructors championship or even a driver's championship